just a touch » álex abrines

for -lionhearted / qveenpariah

So they've been dating only seven months when he proposed a couple weeks ago. But just like his dad said, when you meet the girl you want to spend the rest of your life with, you just know.

And when you know, you better do everything in your will to never let her out of your life. So he proposed; as bad as it may sound at the moment.

With his hectic career in the NBA and with her moving around so much because of her job, they haven't exactly found the time to plan the wedding and do things together.

In the eyes of those people who are against their whole marriage thing, are just lurking in the shadows waiting for their relationship to fall apart so they can go up to their face and say how they were right all along.

Álex was just not about to let the most important relationship in his life fall apart because of their comments. He knew better than to let it get to him. But Aria, on the other hand, didn't seem like she could keep her composure about their criticised relationship any time soon.

She was on the verge of breaking down from the pressure and she was not okay. What made it worse was that she's all alone at home; Álex being on his way home from a game somewhere in the neighbouring states.

She presses her back up against the wall as a sob escaped her lips. She couldn't understand what was wrong with her because she's always promised herself that she could ignore whatever they were saying about her. She thought she could make it past the horrible things they were saying about her, but she's obviously overestimated her ability to do that.

There is a stinging sensation she's feeling in her chest as she attempts to catch her breath between the back to back sobs escaping her lips.

She turned her head to her side, where there'd been a mirror from the last time they redecorated the room, had her staring back at herself in the dimly lit bedroom. She sighed as she rubbed her face in confused.

"What is wrong with me?" Her voice cracked and it squeaked from the lump forming in her throat. As more tears fell, she felt helpless; like she couldn't do anything to get herself out of the situation she's currently in.

Why didn't people like her? Was her relationship with Álex worth all this? Was it really worth her going through this kind of things just for him? What if she got into this marriage thing with him and she realises that she's not ready for a lifetime of this level of criticism? Those were the only thoughts running through her mind.

At the moment, she wasn't even sure anymore if she loved Álex at all like she made herself believe she did. Maybe it was under all the pressure of him being such a great guy to her, or the fact that he has a name known in almost half of the world.

The creak of the door snapped her out of her whole break down. She wiped the tears off her face as she attempted to steady her breathing at the very least. She got to her feet and she sighed.

Closing her eyes, she sucks in another deep breath before opening them again and walking out of the room to greet her fiancé. "Hey," she greeted from the top of the stairs.

Her swollen and bloodshot colored eyes were too obvious and she was a hundred percent sure that he'd notice it so the only thing she could do is hope for the best.

"Hey," he says with certain hesitancy in his voice as he watched her walk down the stairs. When he took her into his arms, she could've sworn that she actually felt like a surge of electricity ran through her veins and it made her jump subtly, but not noticeable enough for the tired man. He rubbed her bare arm and dipped his head slightly to kiss her temple. "How's my favorite girl doing?"