court side » wade baldwin iv

for bashfulwritings

Wade laughed as he watches Kaitessa look up at the arena with wide and glazed eyes. They had just gotten out of his car and immediately, she froze in her spot and started to bounce rapidly with a squeak-thing noise coming from the back of her throat.

"Kaitessa?" Wade giggled, poking her shoulder.

He jumped back when a scream breaks between her lips and she hopped up into the air.

"I'm gonna watch Kobe Bryant play his last game in the United Centre!" She yelled. She turns to Wade and jumps onto his body, clinging onto him for dear life. "This is the best first date ever, you dork!"

Wade started to walk down the parking lot, completely ignoring the strange looks he was getting from the people around them. "Thank God I'm in Memphis, then."

As they finally got into the arena, a loud buzzer was heard, making Kaitessa jump off his body. "We're late!"

She yanks him forward as they rushed to get into the actual court.

Wade and Kaitessa have been friends long enough for him to know that the only thing she hasn't checked off of her bucket list was to watch Kobe Bryant play live. There was plenty of time to do this — until he announced his retirement.

So when Wade had finally gathered up the courage to ask her out on a date, he made it a mission to get court side tickets for them to watch Kobe's next last game nearby together.

As they finally reached their seats, the game had just started. The first quarter had the Lakers scoring at their side of the court and every time Kobe had gotten close towards her, she would excitedly yell his name.

For example, Kobe made a layup and she smacked Wade in the chest yelling, "that's Kobe Bryant in front of my very own eyes!" as if she hadn't been doing it for the entire duration of the first quarter.

But as she celebrated throughout the entire game, Wade couldn't help but laugh — laugh because this was the girl he likes and because her facial expressions were absolutely priceless.

By the time it had gotten to the third quarter, Kaitessa had obviously felt the exhaustion from screaming and jumping all over the place and was fixed on sitting in her seat.

She barely even had the energy to yell Kobe's name anymore. All she did was clap and grin, occasionally smacking Wade's shoulder whenever Pau and Kobe had gone against each other to make a shot.

When it got to the fourth quarter, Kaitessa had her energy all built up again and was back on her feet. "Kobe with the layup, and bam!"

Wade looked up at her as she hopped excitedly, eyes locked on the girl happily screaming away as the night was finally coming to an end.

This was moment he knew that she was going to be one he will never let go of. She's just so full of life; as a friend, a best friend, and a girlfriend. She was his soulmate and he was not going to pass this chance of a lifetime up.

The final buzzer went off and Kaitessa's screams finally died down. But when Pau had strolled down the court to give Kobe a hug, she jokingly fell into Wade's body and pressed a hand to her forehead.

"I'm fucking dead!" She screeched, lips stretched into a grin. Wade rolled his eyes as he dragged her down the steps and onto the court, towards the two former teammates.

"The exit is that way, sweetie!" Kaitessa yelled, leaning her body weight into his arms as she pointed at the direction that all the fans were leaving from.

"Get up, you're embarrassing yourself." And that was also the moment where Kaitessa learnt that Wade was definitely the kind to take first dates seriously.

He had taken her to an out of the town game and he took her to meet Kobe. Who didn't ever dream of having a boyfriend who would casually drag you down the stands and onto the court to meet a legendary player?

It had gone longer than she expected, but she managed to get through the entire conversation without breaking out into a shrill scream.

She and Wade had finally gotten out, Kaitessa still honestly shocked by the fact that she talked to at least two championship holders in one night.

She giggled as they stopped by his car. She punches his shoulder slightly as another blush crept up her cheeks. "I can't believe you took me to watch a basketball game court side for a first date! That's a lotta money, Wade!"

He pinched her cheek softly and grinned. "I like to invest on a good deal, baby." He rests his hand on her waist and pulled her closer, his nose barely brushing against hers.

"So I'm a good deal?" She laughed, looking into his eyes with a spark in hers. "How long does the contract last?"

"The rest of our damn lives."

FAM I JUST HAD TO WRITE SOMETHING AND I KNOW THIS PROBABLY ISN'T A VERY "FIRST DATE" MATERIAL/CHAPTER KINDA THING BUT I HAD TO YKNOW I'M TRASH