bad timing » kelly oubre jr.

for Curlybasedlover13

For someone who had overdue twins in her womb, you would think that Mackenzie would have stayed home and away from large crowds. Unfortunately, she's too in love with her boyfriend to actually do that.

The first half of the game had barely past when she felt contractions like she's never had before. The unfortunate events led from one thing to another, so here she was now, being wheeled through the hospital hallways because her water broke in the middle of Kelly's game.

"Hey, deep breaths." Mackenzie looked up through her hazy vision, only to see the man who had done this to her. He was holding her hand as they rushed through the hallways packed with people. "You're going to be fine and the kids are going to be fine! Just hang in there! I mean-"

"Baby, just shut up," she managed to choke out of her mouth. She knew that he wasn't trying to reassure her because he was reassuring himself. She's a hundred percent positive that Kelly was more anxious about her pregnancy than herself. He nodded promptly as they wheeled her in and he was pushed behind by a nurse.

He left the game for this - there was no way in hell that he was not going to be inside the same room as his girlfriend while she pushed two babies out of her.

"Hey, I have to be in there with her," he begged, pointing at the room his girlfriend was currently in. The nurse surprisingly nodded and gave him a gown that he immediately wore and barged into the room.

The process didn't take very long. There was honestly still enough time to rush back to the arena to finish the game, but who needed basketball when he had two precious babies brought into the world by his girlfriend?

He grabbed a towel and patted Mackenzie's forehead where beads of sweat had formed after that chaotic situation they were just in a few minutes ago.

He had almost lost his composure right there when he held his baby girl, the younger of the twins, and his baby boy was given to Mackenzie.

"They're so pretty," Kelly mumbled with a smile, glancing at his girlfriend. "They look just like me!"

Mackenzie rolled her eyes as she caressed her son's face. "You're not that pretty. They look like me!" They spent a few seconds of silence before Kelly had taken a seat on her bed.

"You're right," he whispered as he looked at the new person his girlfriend had just brought into the world. He had tears in his eyes and his voice was shaky as he spoke: "She looks just as beautiful as you, baby."

"Sap," Mackenzie teased, lifting her head up to look at her boyfriend. She leaned her head back and admired the view.

Here she was, starting a family with the person she loved most. He couldn't help but tear up a little at the thought that this was only the beginning of the future they'd planned of together.

"Hey, I love you," he giggled, looking up. "And I can't wait to be doing more of this with you."

"Like hell I'm gonna have twins again," Mackenzie sassed, making both of them laugh. "But yeah, I'm looking forward to it too and I love you just as much."

weyhey i hope you don't mind that i posted it on this imagines book instead!!! i wish this was what you're asking for and i just really hoPE YOU ENJOYED HEHEHEHE