afterglow » pau gasol

so no one really requested for this i just got the bad pau gasol feels in the middle of the night for some strange reason idk

She fell into the empty spot on the bed next to him. Her chest is heaving as she struggled to catch her breath, her face glistening from the sweat.

"Can you pull the blankets up?" She grinned sweetly, turning her head to look at him. The room was dimly lit by a lamp at the corner and it shined down on her face.

It reminded him of an afterglow - a broad high arch of whitish or rosy light, usually used to describe the sky's color but in his case, she is the sky.

Comparing her to the sky full of stars seemed fairly mainstream. The sky was full of color and sometimes you just had to expect the unexpected with it's colors - more the reason to compare her to it.

She's unpredictable. Sometimes she's a vibrant color but occasionally dull. Sometimes she's a mixture of colors and she never failed to surprise him time and time again. It was like a superpower that he'd never gotten used to.

"You can pull it up yourself," he whipped back although contradicting himself by getting up to retrieve that blankets that they'd kicked off to the ground from earlier.

"If you haven't noticed, everything from my waist down hurts," she snarled jokingly, snatching away the blankets. She spread it over her body and scooted over to him. "And it's all your fault."

He rolled his eyes and got under the blankets with her. He usually didn't get into bed with a sweaty body but it was too late now to take a shower. "You asked for it, anyway."

She turned away to laugh, covering her mouth as she did. Even after so many years of being together, she still never got over her insecurity of her imperfect teeth. She'd always cover it up even when she was just with him.

The soft light from the corner of the room combined with her sweat made it seem like there was a scattering effect on the highest points of her face.

If possible, he's falling in love deeper with her.

"Did you hear what I said?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he slowly transitioned back to reality instead of being caught up in his own thoughts. "Of course, you didn't. You were too busy admiring me."

She'd propped herself up on her elbow to talk to him and get into a more comfortable position that subsided the pain between her thighs.

"You're delusional," he laughed, shoving his palm into her face making her drop back onto the bed. "I wasn't admiring you. I was thinking why I got so unlucky and got you as a wife."

"No, you weren't," she giggled. "Anyways, I was telling you that our paper anniversary's coming up in a few days. What do you wanna do?"

"Lady's choice," he hummed, leaning over to press a kiss onto your bare shoulder. "What do you wanna do?"

"You can't ask me back the question I asked you. That's cheating!" She squealed, hitting the back of his head. She turned to her side and grabbed his face. "What do you wanna do?"

"Would a short getaway with the kids make you happy?"

"Stop asking me questions!"

"I'm open for suggestions, okay?"

"Oh, screw you. You're no help."

"About the screwing part..."

"Ugh, you're disgusting!" She flicked his forehead and slowly laid her head back on the window. "Unfortunately, I ended up with you and not your more gentleman of a brother."

"Okay, that hurt." Pau pouted his bottom lip out which caused her to laugh even harder. Shrugging, he wrapped his around you tighter and blew softly into your neck, grinning when goosebumps formed. "Too bad, you vowed til death do us apart."

And it was the golden moments like these when Pau realized that he could possibly be the luckiest man in the world.

IT'S LIKE 1.30 IN THE MORNING HERE AND I SHOULD BE SLEEPING BECAUSE I HAVE AN 8AM PAPER BUT PAU GASOL WAS BEING INCONSIDERATE AND ATTACKED ME IN THE FEELS SO I LEAVE YOU THIS WHILE I GO GET SOME REST NOW ADIOS