stay » jamal murray

for itsjasminaye

People never stayed. They never stuck around and they leave with all of their promises. Jasmin's used to it if you asked her. She doesn't expect much anymore since her last boyfriend left her.

Maybe it's because she's tired of always thinking that she'd end up with a happy ever after but is proved wrong time and time again. 

Hope's for suckers, anyway.

But then he came along. He put things into perspective and he put the slightest spark on hope in her eyes. He was perfect. It was only an extra point that he looked good. He's funny and compassionate and she wanted to believe that he loved her but it seemed so absurd for her to be thinking that way.

He visibly showed that he cared for her time and time again; that seemed enough at the time.

"Baby, move over." She opened an eye with the other half of her face buried into the soft pillow. Jamal was towering over her from the side of the bed that she'd taken up. "Come on, I'm tired too."

"You gotta be nice, sweetheart," she teased. He rolled his eyes and bent down so that their faces were levelled.

"I don't play nice." He brought his hands up and pushed her body, making her roll to the other end of his bed. She didn't stop rolling and almost fell off the edge of the bed. Luckily, he was quick enough to react and tugged her back. "You troublemaker."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She shrugged innocently and let him wrap his arms around her. He pulled her against his body and shifted into a position where their legs were tangled with one another.

19 wasn't the right age to tell you for sure that she'd given up on love, but she would've fought with you if you tried to tell her otherwise. Not lucky with love at all. Maybe it ran in the women of the family.

She had faith in Jamal. You'd say it was cliche, but she found herself stuck in a situation where she knew for a fact that whatever feelings they both shared with one another was real. It's a feeling that's so new and it felt like she was burning inside every time she'd relived the feeling. 

He wasn't like the rest of the guys she's dated. He's real - he always spoke his mind and told her whenever she'd done something that upset him. And she liked it. Usually, she'd spend half the time of the relationship trying to figure out what she'd done wrong but Jamal made it easy. Easier than it had to be. He's the best she's ever been with and she didn't want to lose that.

Jamal treated Jasmin too well. It felt like it was too good to be true and you know what they said about things that seemed that way - if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is. She's afraid that if she woke up one day, everything with Jamal would turn out to be just a dream.

She didn't notice, but she'd been tracing the word 'stay' over and over against his bare waist. Jamal noticed her fingertips going over his skin in something that seemed like a pattern so he attempted to figure it out - and he did.

He leant forward and pressed his lips against her forehead. His lips lingered for a while longer than what you would consider normal, but Jasmin liked it that way.

"I'm not going anywhere," he whispered as he pulled away. He brought his head down and tilted her face up. "You hear that, baby? I'm staying, I promise."

So she stopped. Her whole life, she believed that she'd end up like her mom - a single mom after her husband left her unexpectedly. While she loved him unconditionally and he left her without a moment's hesitation.

But that right there, was enough to make her believe otherwise.

YOOOOOO I KNOW THIS SUCKED AND I BROUGHT A COUPLE FAMILY MATTERS IN BUT IT'S JUST FICTION AND I REALLY DON'T KNOW YOUR FAMILY SITUATION SO I'D CHANGE THIS UP IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT OR SOMETHING JUST TELL ME. NONETHELESS, I HOPE YOU LIKED IT