mix up » devin booker

for AgapeLovexx

"I thought you said you were taking a break from fattening food," Kam mumbled as she trailed behind Devin into the kitchen. "Cookies are fattening food."

"No, they're not," her fiancée furrowed his eyes and glared at her, "they're classified as healthy food."

"Yeah, in an alternate universe, they are," she sighed. She hops back on the counter, reaching for the opened pack of gummy bears in one of the cabinets.

"Are you gonna help me satisfy my cravings or not?" He shot her a look and rolled his eyes when she shrugged as popped another candy into her mouth. "I should've proposed to someone more supportive. I don't deserve this, Kam. Shape up."

"Me? Not supportive?" Kam laughed as Devin roamed around the kitchen to get the different ingredients and cutlery. "Did you hit your head on the wall or something?"

"No, but as I remember, you wanted cookies too. So get off your lazy ass and help me," Devin stated as he popped back up with a bowl in hand. "Please?"

Kam pretended to think about it for a moment then hopped off the counter. "Since you said please."

For the most part of making the cookie mix from scratch, measuring and putting the ingredients together wasn't very complicated. But when you're working with someone you haven't been with in a long time, you're tend to get a little sidetracked.

Devin slid the first batch into the oven, grinning happily to himself knowing that it would take less than an hour for him to get his hands on their cookies.

Kam's eyes roamed around the kitchen, gasping loudly when her eyes landed on the packet filled with sweetened crystals and it was unopened.

"Devin, did you put sugar in the mix like I told you to?" Kam's eyebrows furrowed as she tried to look at her boyfriend without the urge to roll her eyes.

She knew for a fact that making cookies with Devin was going to be a bad idea.

"I did!" Devin cheered happily, jogging over to the pack that had been opened from earlier. His eyes scanned over the label and his smile slowly faltered, hesitantly lifting his eyes to look at his fiancée from across the room.

"You put in the salt, didn't you?" Kam sighed, walking over to the batter in the centre of the room. When she grabbed the bowl, she walked over to where Devin is and read the label herself. "Of course, you did."

Devin frowned and sighed, completely not knowing how to react next. He'd been craving for cookies since morning and he just ruined the only chance he got to have some. "I'm sorry?"

"You're so trashy," Kam growled, grabbing a handful of flour and sprinkling it over his hair. "You just ruined our chances of having cookies!"

Devin gasped, snatching the bag of flour from his fiancée and wrapping his arms around it. "Stop it!"

Kam rolled her eyes and dumped another handful of salt into his hair. "No! I wanted sweet cookies! Not cookies based on your personality!"

"I'm not salty!" Devin laughed, placing some flour into the palm of his hand. He blew on it softly, the flour transferring into her hair. "You're salty."

He knew she hated getting dirty in the kitchen, and this was his chance to push her buttons yet again.

She scrunches up her nose and smacked his chest. Then she laughed but there was no humor behind it. "Says the one with salt in his hair."

"You put that in there!" Devin took another handful of flour and dumped it over her head.

She elbowed him harshly, reaching for the batter. She swipes it on his cheek as he dodged her finger too late. "You still have salt in your hair!"

Devin dropped his head and ruffled his hair. Puffs of flour blurred her sight and the salt fell to the ground. Kam screeched and pulled on his hair.

"Kam!" Devin yelled, trying to take her hand off his hair.

"Devin!" Kam mimicked, tugging on his hair even more. Devin attempted to squirm away from the woman which only caused her grip to tighten.

"I'll just go out and buy us some cookies!" Devin screamed. She halted her movements for a second before finally deciding to let go. He stumbled back a couple steps and his hand flew up to rub his head. "That hurt!"

"You put salt in the cookies!" Kam frowned, crossing her arms.

"Seems fair." Devin nodded and pressed his lips into a thin line. They didn't move for a while, but when they did, Kam threw the salty batter into the trash and Devin pulled the cookies out of the oven.

Devin grabbed his car keys from the pile of numerous keys then jogged over to his fiancée. "Sorry I messed up the cookies."

Kam giggled, wrapping her hands around his neck. She pulled him in for a kiss, Devin leaning in to prolong it only to be pushed away. "It's okay, baby. If you don't come back with cookies, though, I'll fight you."

Devin frowned. "What?"

She shook her head, trying to stifle her laugh. She wiped away the batter from his face and patted his shoulder. "Now, go get us some cookies. The faster you go, the sooner you'll get back."

"You like me that much, huh," Devin teased as he slowly made his way towards the door. He pulled it open and walked out.

He retraced his steps, craning his neck to look over at his soon-to-be wife cleaning up the kitchen. "Love you." He sent her one last wink and puckered his lips before he closed the door behind him.

KCBSIWJDBF THIS WAS HONESTLY SO CUTE I ALMOST DIED WRITING IT

I DIED I DIED OMG AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE NIGHT DEVIN GOT EJECTED FROM THE GAME, GAVE THE REFS A THUMBS UP, WAVED BYEBYE TO THE BENCH AND SIGNED A KID'S AUTOGRAPH PLS BC HE'S SO PRECIOUS AND PURE

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS!! AND FEEL FREE TO REQUEST AGAIN BECAUSE I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR FEELS FOR YOU

AND HAHAHAHAHAHA I UPDATED TWICE I'M SO PROUD. ANOTHER IMAGINE MIGHT BE COMING IN IN A COUPLE HOURS TOO HEHEHEHE