weren't supposed to » justise winslow

arionce_x

"You weren't supposed to fall in love with me," Justise said in a low voice, staring at her with a hard gaze, "you should remember that. You made that rule. Remember, you used to remind me of that stupid agreement all the time."

Ariel rolled her eyes. "I know that. I know that, Justice. But you couldn't expect me to have regular sex with you and expect me not to fall in love, right?"

His eyes widened increduously, in absolute disbelief at how much Ariel wasn't making any sense. "Ariel, you were the one who told me not to fall in love with you! What the hell?"

"Well, you were the one who'd brought the whole arrangement up!" Ariel retorted. They both knew damn well that she had a point. But Justise was not going down without a fight. There were too many fights they had that he let her win, and this fight was not the fight that he would let go of that easily. "So, technically, this is your fault!"

Friends with benefits. It's one of the worst relationship status to have with someone - especially someone who used to be with your best friend. Ariel is still Justise's best friend but with this argument and topic arising, he feared that she wasn't going to be his best friend for long after this moment.

"Ariel, I," Justise paused and closed his eyes, sucking in a deep breath, "you are impossible to deal with."

Ariel had caught Justise hoeing around on his phone, trying to get another girl in bed. She confronted him by saying something along the lines of he couldn't fuck her but then go around getting some with other girls too. It was either her or any other girl out on the street and it may or may not have slipped off her tongue that she had developed feelings for him.

Then it sparked up an even bigger argument.

"I'm impossible to deal with," Ariel deadpanned, "you're the one hoeing around Miami like it's what you're getting paid to do, we wouldn't be having this argument right now. It wouldn't have slipped off my tongue that I have feelings for you!"

"But you were gonna tell me either way, weren't you?" He raised an eyebrow, giving her a look. The anger built up in his body from earlier completely washed away when he started to feel something in his chest. It wasn't anger anymore and it felt a lot like some overwhelming happiness that he couldn't describe.

All he knew was that something clicked in his brain and the thought of Ariel loving him actually seemed appealing. When Ariel didn't answer, he spoke again: "How long?" She lifted her head from the ground and looked up at him with wide eyes and confusion written all over his face. He chuckles. "How long have you known you had feelings for me?"

Ariel shrugged but she knew the answer damn well. "For a while now..."

"How long is a while?"

"Like a couple months..."

"We've only been in this arrangement for three months."

"Yeah, I've known for like at least a year now."

"A year?" Justise yelled. "You knew you loved me for a year and you didn't bother telling me at all? When were you planning to tell me?"

"I don't know!" Ariel screamed back, adrenaline rushing back into her veins. It went away when Justise stopped yelling at her but now that he's back at it again, she was all hyped up and ready to fight. "At first, I thought it was a small crush because you were so nice. But then a week turned into a month and a month turned into more months! And when you asked me to have sex with you on a regular basis, you did the best decision to ask me when I had vodka in my system so of course my stupid ass yes!"

"Then why didn't you tell me you were intoxicated at the time?" Justise's eyes widened. He didn't even know what to tell Ariel to make the situation better. Actually, now it was a tad better than how it was a couple minutes ago. It seemed comical to him - arguing over unspoken feelings from his best friend that he made over high school graduation.

"I don't know either!" Ariel groaned, dropping herself down on the ground to take a seat. They have been arguing for a good half hour and during the entire time, they were both standing and she was tired. Who knew arguing with someone who wasn't yours could still be so tiring?

From across the room, the small forward slowly took a seat by the edge of his bed. After a few minutes of silence and a while more of thinking, he finally broke the silence that had enveloped them. "Then why didn't you tell me?"

Ariel stared at the ground. She knew what the answer was but she didn't exactly know how to phrase it. She stuttered for a moment before regaining her composure. "I couldn't fall in love with you," she whispered.

But being across the bedroom, Justise didn't hear anything. "What? I'm sorry, I didn't hear you."

"I said it's because I couldn't fall in love with you," she said louder this time, and a lot more firm. At first, she seemed unsure but she's sticking with her answer this time. "I couldn't fall in love with you, Justise. I didn't want the pain that came along with it."

"Why not? You know loving always requires sacrifice," he said softly, saying it as gentle as possible. Ariel was at a breaking point and he didn't want to have her break down right now. "We could've worked something out."

Ariel chewed on her bottom lip and shook her head as her eyebrows were furrowed down in concentration. "I'm not strong enough to handle the pain, Justise, I'm sorry."

The next time she looked up, Justise had already taken a seat next to her on the ground. He pulled her head into his chest and pressed a kiss to her head. "We will work something out. We have to. I love you too, Ariel, and I'm sorry it took so long for me to say it."

damn y'alls really like angst, don't you?

AND. AND. AND RICKY RUBIO SET A NEW CAREER HIGH OF 6 THREES IN A GAME SO LMAO YOU KNOW MY TRASH ASS HAS TO WRITE SOMETHING

I'M SORRY OKAY. I AM SORRY. BUT I JUST REALLY LIKE HIS FACE — IT'S SO PRETTY