coffee mug » cory joseph

for kingsmaria

Cory was sitting by the island counter, scrolling through his phone as he waited for his fiancée to finally get up. He had a cup of coffee set in front of him, taking sips occasionally as he waited.

They didn't have plans for the day but he decided that he'd treat his girl out to some fancy hipster café for breakfast.

But he didn't know, though. That Maria had been planning the same thing. She was in their bedroom, making herself look a little more presentable for a Saturday morning while he's back in San Antonio for the week.

Her plan was to just find him downstairs and casually drag him out of the house like she always did. But he was already dressed without her knowledge.

When Maria happily skipped down the stairs, Cory's jaw dropped. It didn't even dawn him how good Maria looked so damn early in the morning or how Cory had made plans that he didn't bother telling her about.

She scowled. "What the hell, Cory?"

"Don't 'what the hell' me," Cory chuckled, rubbing his chin. "You obviously had plans too that you weren't planning on telling me about til you found me awake on the couch watching some cartoons."

"You know me so well, baby," Maria chuckled, trailing towards him. She wrapped her arms around him and pressed a chaste kiss to his lips. "Good morning."

"Morning to you too," he laughed, patting her lower back. "What's the plan for today?" He hopped off the high seat and started to walk away, looking for his car keys.

"I was just planning a day out. Like, maybe some breakfast somewhere then the park? I don't know," she shrugged, "I haven't seen you in a while and I just wanna be around you. I'm also too lazy to cook."

Cory nodded to himself as he put his shoes on. "Breakfast is on me, though. Then the rest of the day is in your hands."

"I'm excited for this." When he walked back into the kitchen, Maria had already been washing her hands and his coffee cup still sat in the center of the counter, looking like it hadn't been touched.

But when he went to go over to finish it up, he knew damn well that his mind had him deceived and that Maria played him well. His coffee mug had a red lip stain and no caramel coloured liquid, known as coffee, was in it anymore.

And to think that he was actually looking forward to keeping himself warm and awake with the coffee.

He waited for Maria to turn away from the sink with a blank expression on his face. Truthfully, he didn't know whether he wanted to laugh or throw shade at her. It wasn't like this was the first time she's done this. But the red lipstick mark was a new addition to her signature move.

Maria turned and chuckled. "You know I had to."

"That was my coffee," Cory argued. "I spent minutes waiting for that water to boil then mix the coffee in. Then I had to wait for it to cool down so it don't burn my mouth so we can still do that whole kissing thing."

"Sorry, baby." She shrugged innocently and pursed her lips together, looking at him with wide eyes. "I'll buy you Starbucks or something later. Or I'll make you some at the end of the day! Then we can stay up together too."

"So, you're really taking advantage of this whole me being back home, aye?" Cory teased, raising an eyebrow at her. He dragged her in and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Very cute."

"Better be more than just 'very cute' because I am not about to be placed in a category as low as that, fam," Maria shook her head in disappointment. "You mislead me, Cory Joseph."

Cory rolled his eyes and tugged her towards the store. "Stop being dramatic and let's just go." He pulled her closer against him and knitted his eyebrows. "I like the whole red lipstick stain, though. Very sexy."

"It's to remember me by. You get to keep the coffee cup."

"Perfect. Not like I have enough coffee cups in Toronto, right?" Maria rolled her eyes and elbowed her fiancée, leaving him behind to walk towards his car.

"Take it or leave it. You so demanding."

idek where the idea came from tbh like idek don't ask

and since the past few imagines have been... angsty...,,... here's one that isn't so angsty!!!