professional » tyler ulis

blaccjustice

Media day. Who didn't look forward to the one day before the NBA's regular season started where pictures and exclusive interviews were being held?

Media day was Adri's most favourite days that was associated with the NBA besides the playoffs to finals series. The Phoenix Suns organisation hired her this year to be their photographer for official portraits, after being recommended by a good friend named Devin Booker. So she owed him.

But if she'd known that Devin was going to be the reason that the two year drought of her not dating would end that very day too, then she would've paid Devin to set her up a long long time ago.

Devin had come into the studio with his arm slung around her shoulders. He knew how the girl got in a crowd with unfamiliar faces and he technically forced her into this so it was the least he could do before leaving her on her own for hours on end.

"Promise you won't get doing that whole nervous thing you do?" Devin asked, raising an eyebrows as he glanced down at her. He was helping her set up her cameras in front of the green screen.

"What whole nervous thing?" Adri scoffed, furrowing her eyebrows and standing up to glare at Devin.

"Um, the whole you only stutter and never speak nervous thing," Devin retorted, saying it in mimicking voice. "The one where you only get one word of your sentence out and you just keep repeating it. Promise me you won't do that and walk out of here."

Adri's lips slowly stretched into a smile. "Aw, Devin. You're concerned about me."

"That, and I'll get punched in the face if the photographer I recommended ran away." Adri rolled her eyes and laughed. Devin laughed along with her, jogging over to her before Leandro called him, needing him to change into his jersey. He patted her head and walked towards the door. "I'll be back later, okay? Don't run away."

"I'll try."

The moment Devin stepped his foot out of the room, a man walked into the room with a bunch of players following behind him. Someone had mentioned earlier that rookies and sophomores were going to have their pictures taken first so that they could go for their interviews. Somewhere along those lines - she couldn't remember.

Luckily, within the crowd, she recognised a face. Marquese hollered when he laid his eyes on her and jogged over to her in a funny way. "City girl!" He bent down and wrapped his arms around her thighs, hoisting her up into the air and spinning her around.

He hasn't seen the girl in long because he'd gone to college at Washington. They kept in touch but they barely talked with their different schedules especially when he got drafted. "I haven't seen you in forever!"

"Put me down, you overgrown man child," Adri says bluntly and the boy puts her down reluctantly. He grinned widely as he stared down at her. "Okay, now you're just being annoying. Get your ass on the green screen and grab a basketball."

Meanwhile, Tyler had trailed off the conversation he was having with Dragan. The laugh that came out of Adri's mouth and the name that slipped off of Marquese's tongue had completely caught him off guard. Out of all the females running around in the busy room, the young and vibrant girl with the biggest grin on her face was the one who had caught his eye.

He didn't mean to stare. In fact, he didn't even have the slightest clue that he had the stupidest look on his face. He was in a trance as he stared at her with his mouth agape. He didn't even realise that he'd been staring until Marquese hurled a basketball in his direction. Thanks to his reflexes, he'd hit the ball out of the way even before it could hit him and make a mark.

"Bro, you're staring," Marquese teased as the stylists came over to fix him up before Adri could take the shots. "Stop embarrassing us, honey. We don't do staring."

Devin appeared out of nowhere. He winked playfully at Adri and came up behind Tyler, patting his back softly. "Yeah, honey, we don't do staring." When Tyler cocked his head to ask Devin what they did instead, Devin shoved Tyler forward to where Adri had been watching the entire scene unfold. "We go straight to the point and ask them out."

"You guys are treating me like a baby as if Marquese isn't the 19-year-old here," Tyler snarled, dropping his head to avoid Adri's stare. "Assholes."

"This asshole will ask that pretty lady out if you don't," T.J. joked, stepping forward which had Tyler scrambling on his feet towards Adri. He grinned cheekily at her and held a hand out. "Hi, I'm Tyler and I'd like to ask you for your number so we can go out for dinner sometime?"

Marquese, hands in his hair and fixing his jersey, furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head in disbelief. Devin and Alex could only snicker at the boy's ramble but had Dragan laughing uncontrollably. He even had T.J. laughing along because of the horrified look on Adri's face.

T.J. strolled over confidently at the two, shooing Tyler away slyly. He leaned on the table and pulled out the most charming smirk he had. "I'm T.J. and I happened to notice that you have really pretty eyes. I'd be passing up on a chance of a lifetime if I didn't take up this chance to ask you out."

Adri looked between the two Suns players in front of her then subtly glanced at Devin and Marquese behind them. They only shrugged at her and looked away playfully to annoy her even more.

She spent another moment contemplating on how she was going to react. She quickly recomposes herself and stood up straight, straightening her blouse down. She clears her throat, "I'm actually at work right now and I'd like to keep it professional."

Their smiles dropped. But even before either of them could answer, Adri spoke again to follow her previous statement up. "But, Tyler, I'll take you up on that offer. You can get my number from Devin or Marquese." Then she looked at T.J.. "Sorry."

"Um, hi, I'm really tired of standing up waiting for your ugly asses to finish flirting," Marquese spoke, waving his hand in the air to gain Adri's attention. Adri laughed, muttering an apology as she walked over to her camera sitting on the tripod stand. "Thank God."

HI I HAVE NO LIFE SO I'M UPDATING A LOT TODAY