BROTHERS

Duthan

Duthan

The Rangers' weaponry was to being taken to Tranquillien, a small settlement in neighbouring Ghostlands before moving on to the Farstrider Enclave. Sited nearby on the southern shore of Lake Elrendar, the Rangers would reconvene there and await orders for the attack. The Amani trolls' camps and capital city, Zul'Aman, lay to the south-east.

With the last of his arrows and extra bows primed and ready, Duthan gathered his armaments and loaded them onto the cart for transportation. Retaining ample missiles in a quiver and one of his favoured bows to aid them in their journey to Ghostlands, Duthan joined Lor'themar who was seeing to his own supplies. "Any news then?" Duthan asked.

"Aye, and it's not good, my friend." They finished securing the cart and shouted to the young boy steering it, to head out. They watched as three carts trundled towards the entrance of Silvermoon. The two rangers headed back to the lodge to collect some final items for their trek. Keeping his voice low, Lor'themar informed Duthan of latest developments. "It seems our king is none too pleased with the Alliance. He complains bitterly of their poor leadership and the resulting devastation of our forests. It looks like he is ready to abandon the Alliance altogether."

"War is war, Lor'themar, casualties are inevitable. I doubt we would have fared any better without the Alliance fighting by our side."

"True, but this is political Duthan - a subject in which I prefer not to become heavily involved. Give me a bow in my hand instead of a quill, any day."