Chapter 40 The Streets of Salt City

Chapter 40

The Streets of Salt City

The streets of Salt City were crowded for the early morning, but then they were always crowded. Salt City was the busiest city of the Midwest. It was said to be the city that never slept. It was like to be said to be the New Amsterdam of the Midwest, but it didn't have the crime rate of the eastern city. J.D. had been sent back to the temple to warn them of the impending disaster that awaited them. They only hoped that J.D. arrived in time to save the temple and the city. He had no idea that the trouble had been dealt with.

The adventurers had made it to Salt City and it was glorious for Stephanous to behold. He had never seen so many tall building in his life. His home town had at the most a three story building and that was the inn in town. All the religious building were at least six stories high. Some had crosses on them, some had stars, other circles, other had farm animals, and other with weapons and armor, and still many other different things.

Salt City was the religious capital of all the religions in all of Northwestern Tektara. They had nearly ever religion that was popular here in this city. They had a spot for the druids, clerics, Dou-Jin, old gods, new gods, and any other gods they could think of at the time. If there was a god then Salt City had a monument to them. They even had a god to the unknown gods, just in case they might have missed one along the way.

As the group of adventurers walked through the city they were amazed at what they saw. They saw a monument for everything. Michale was tempted to stay and preach about the Creator, but Stephanous stopped him and informed him on about how important their journey was to stop Lilith was and that he could stop and preach about the Creator on the way back home. Michale agreed and thought that was the wisest plan since Michale speech would take several days of their time and they didn't have several days to spend searching for Lilith at the time.

Michale could see though that many of the people were being misled as it was and he wanted to send them on the right path, but the group was pressed for time and they didn't have the time right now to correct their indiscretions at that particular moments. So Stephanous pressed Michale along before Michale pressed the issue any further.

Michale couldn't see what the problem was just straightening out a person here and there, but if they kept stopping here and there they would be stopping everywhere and Michale would be taking those hours out of their search for Lilith.

Stephanous couldn't help but stop Michale from preaching sermons to people on nearly every corner of Salt City. Stephanous had to keep reminding him that they had a much bigger job to do and kept pushing him along the road as they went and that Michale would have a chance to preach on the way back through when he had the chance.

By the end of the day Stephanous was wore out, but they had finally reached the other side of the city and the gateway to the eastern side of the realm. Stephanous felt so relieved that he was allowed an extra day to rest so he could get some sleep;

By the time they were ready to move again Stephanous was ready to move on and get going on into the desert wilderness on the other side of Salt City. They were now in the outer city of Salt City. It was a rugged place. The buildings weren't as well kept and some of them were barely put together. Some looked like they wouldn't withstand a strong wind. The east side of Salt City always had people that fed the feral cats and dogs that past by there, but lately the wolves and lynxes had been the ones to pass-by to feed upon the cats and dogs. Some of the cats and dogs were taken home by the people who felt sorry for the poor animals, but now that the lynxes and the wolves had been traversing the area less people had been coming to feed the poor hungry animals.