Chapter 27 History of Solon's Orb

Chapter 27

History of Solomon's Orb

Defense against black magic was all abuzz with the theft of the Orb of Solomon and how the Dou-Jin Masters hadn't been able to find it yet. That is everyone except Stephanous and his pod. They were also talking about how Stephanous had killed a full Roda-Ki in his sleep.

His pod was talking about how he had done it?

Stephanous kept repeating himself. "I thought it was a dream so I took control of the dream and I saw myself killing Brady

"Killed a Roda-Ki." Lassitor spat now your heads really going to swell up. "Doubt you'll be able to get into the dorm door tonight."

"Flake off Gassitor." Brayothan shot back. "You're nothing but a bag of hot gas."

"I suppose you could have done better." Isaian said over his shoulder.

"He got lucky." Lassitor said as he continued walking by. "Lucky that's all it was."

"We'd be lucky if a pin popped that gas bag of a head of his." Lorianna chimed in.

Lassitor made a move toward Terkesha but she had him on the ground kissing the floor with a quick move of her own. "Now vatch gonna to do goz bag?"

"Terkesha let him up." The instructor informed her.

The wood elf gave and extra twist to his arm for added pain and then let him up. Lassitor got up slowly rubbing him arm and wiping a small trick of blood coming from his mouth.

Stephanous wasn't feeling so great about being the chosen one and having to go and help retrieve the orb. He would have felt better if he didn't have to drag his friends into the entire mess. He was feeling quite guilty that they had gotten involved. Now not only his life was endangered, but theirs as well.

"I'm sorry I got you guys involved." Stephanous said apologetically. "You know you don't have to come along if you don't want to."

"Ond mizz all ze fun. Terkesha said with a smile.

"I wouldn't miss adventuring with you for a minute." Lorianna said breathily.

"Oh and neither would we." Isaian and Brayothan chimed in making fun of Lorianna.

Deedra just glared at the twin because she was about to say the same thing as Lorianna and she was glad she had kept her mouth shut.

Professor Zorcon quieted the class and began to teach about the different colors of the Dou-Jin weapons and what they meant, that was until Deedra interrupted him and asked him about the Orb of Solomon.

"What does the orb do and what is it exactly?" Deedra asked.

"And what about the Dagger of Luciferous?" Another boy said who had brown hair from the other guild.

"And what about the Trident of the Father of Lies?" A girl asked from the other guild.

"Quite down quiet down and I'll tell you what I know from a historical point of view." The professor answered trying to calm the class down, but wasn't having much luck until he actually started telling the story of each item that was stolen.

"Now the dagger of Luciferous is said to have the soul of the most blood thirsty assassin within it. It is said that this assassin was the most ruthless of all murderers. He use to sneak about day and night and kill women of less than savory reputation and men as well of the like as well. Some say it was Drake Stratholm others said it was Val Von Soutmire, and still other say Luciferous himself possesses the dagger, which is where it gets its name since it's the most popular believed."