Chapter 34 Plans

Chapter 34

Plans

Christar paced in his office contemplating what he was going to do about Shandor. He knew it wouldn't be too much longer until she tried something against him, the question was when. When would she become bold and brazen enough to actually try to kill him? She was a coward at heart so the attack wouldn't be a direct assault.

Christar figured it would be a poisoning or a knife while sleeping, something sneaky, spineless, and someone else would do it for her so that it would lead back to her. Avalon Sinistero 6 was her pet flesh golem that she had to her meaningless job that didn't involve conversations. It was name Avalon Sinistero 6 because the first five died saving her life for one reason or another.

No doubt she would use number 6 to try and kill Christar, or at least that was Christar's way of thinking. Christar had plan that everyone was going to kill him sooner or later, but Shandor was the most likely to do it first. Christar had a list of the people who wanted him dead and it was nearly everyone that he knew. He even had people who called him his friend. To Christar no one was a friend that didn't want him dead and out of the way just so they could have more power.

Christar went into his lab and went to working on a potion that made people tell the truth and then made them forget about telling it. He hadn't quite got the formula right

though. He was having trouble making it work on the shadow elves. For some reason the shadow elves had an immunity to the blood haven root that was the key ingredient to making everyone else forget about the secrets that they told.

He found that he could substitute white lace but it would kill the shadow elves within three days of ingesting the component. Christar wasn't looking to kill anyone yet. He wanted to blackmail and extort from his intended targets, not slay them.

He was going to have to use the potion on the people one at a time and exclude the shadow elves for the time being until he could work out the bugs in his potion.

Lavanna was the first to try the potion mixed in a very fruity wine. She seemed to enjoy the taste of the drink and wanted a second glass but Christar gave her regular wine in her second glass full.

Christar began testing the waters of the potion.

"When do you and Edralve plan on starting a family?" He asked innocently enough.

"Oh...I don't know." Edralve is so busy with his work on the council that he never has time to make love to me let alone start a family. I would have to get him alone and rape him just to get any action out of him. I love the man, but a woman needs love too."

"You are so right." Christar agreed to keep the conversation flowing.

"Any ideas of taking over the council soon."

"Edralve take over the council." Lavanna laughed. "Edralve likes his position as advisor. Shadow elves live forever and he's willing to wait until you pass on naturally before making his more to be the head of the Red Sanhedrin."

"I on the other hand am bored with the Red Sanhedrin. I would like for Edralve and myself to head out on our own, start a family, make a family business of dark elf magic. Our children would be natural mages and they would do well in the art of magic."

"Like the blood haven you used in the last drink. You mixed it a bit strong, but you could have used have the does and got the same effect. I won't remember any of this but it does compel me to tell the truth. I take it you searching for those who wish to do you harm. You have nothing to fear from Edralve and myself, but Shandor is one of your biggest threats, but you probably already knew that."