Chapter 29 The Trident of the Father of Lies

Chapter 29

The Trident of the Father of Lies

The rain was pouring down outside as two men waited under an overhang for their informant. One was a tall thin man and the other was a short fat man. They both wore dark cloaks with their hoods pulled up so no one would recognize them at such a late hour.

Two men stood in a dark alley one, a tall thin man, his name was Geoffrey Callighain. Geoffrey had a long pointed nose that seemed to always be dripping and he was constantly wiping his nose with a well use handkerchief. He was a smart and wiry man that was tougher than he looked. The man standing with him was Devid Paggell who was a rotund man with a bald spot on the back of his head in the center of his shoulder length oily black hair.

"Brady should have been back by now." The chubby slouched man said in irritation. "I know something has gone wrong." Devid was an extremely paranoid man and figured everyone was out to turn him in for the one thousand gold that was one his head, dead or alive.

"He'll be here." The taller yet slender man grumbled. "Brady never keeps a good schedule. He's always late." Geoffrey hated listening to Devid complain and would have killed him long ago, but Devid was a good thief and he came in handy at times as well.

"Yeah, but he's over a week late." The shorter man said. "You don't think that boy gave him any trouble do you?"

"Nah," The taller of the two replied confidently. "That slobbering brat was a walk in the woods for Brady to take care of, besides we would have heard if anything bad had happened to him."

A short fat bald man came up to the duo. "Are you the two that's been waiting for Brady?"

"What's it to you?" The short obese man said.

"Brady's dead." The skinny man said. He had a dark cloak on with the hood pulled forward to hide his face. "Some kid name Stephanopola or something like that cut off Brady's head."

"Here a couple of silver now be on your way." The tall thin man said in irritation.

The little thin informant limped off counting the fifty silver pieces he's just made when a sword blade thrust out from his chest. "Never turn your back on a Roda-Ki." The tall thin man said with a smirk on his face.

Devid quickly picked up the fallen coins and then dragged the body to the side of the alley where there was a heap of trash and he covered the body as well.

"I think the clothed should soak up most of the blood that the rain doesn't

wash away." Devid explained.

"Whatever." Geoffrey said. "Just make sure the dumb thing is covered up.

A rough appearing girl showed up in the alley. "Hi guys my names Kaitlyn Jones. I'm here for the Dagger of Luciferous."

"What dagger?" Devid said.

"Look you guys are supposed to give me the dagger and I'll pay you the silver for it." kaitlyn said becoming annoyed with the duo. "Now here's the two hundred silver pieces and now may I have the dagger."

"Don't know what you're talking about." Geoffrey said. "However we will be more than happy to unburden you of the two hundred silver pieces. Now hand over the coins."

"Okay." Kaitlyn said as she swung the bag of coins in an upward motion catching Geoffrey off-guard. That's when Kaitlyn saw the dagger and lunged for it and wrapped her tiny hand around the hilt.

A flood of voices coursed through her.

" Blood, we need blood. The blood looks delicious. Take their blood."