CHAPTER 36: ADRIAN

CHAPTER 36: ADRIAN

Grains looked at Lexi, tears filled her eyes.

“They really were in love,” she thought.

King Zack wrapped his arms around her shoulders, “Grains…it’s Ok.”

The Queen removed his arms away from her shoulders and stepped back. She looked at the Master of the Demons and tears started to fall on her face.

She observed the Master’s face and she saw that his tears burned his face.

“So he still cares,” she thought.

The Master had his eyes locked on the ashes next to Lexi. He bent down and flames started to form his wings.

 “Griffin,” he whispered.

The Master’s voice made the Queen’s voice pound.

She turned around.

“I can’t handle this,” she thought. “I want to get out of here.”

 She closed her eyes and began to remember from events that have happened years ago.

“Adrian,” she whispered. “I miss you.”

She cried and turned to face Adrian. Adrian looked at her like she was bait. She saw him clench his fists as more flames formed in his wings.

This made her heart ache so much.

And looking at Lexi falling in love with a Demon…

A half-Demon, half-Angel made her head pound.

She put her hands to her chest. She can feel her heart pounding faster as her memories with Adrian came back to her.

Adrian was once an Angel. He was her lover. Her destiny. They we’re meant to be, the Queen thought.

Adrian did something bad though…something Grains doesn’t like talking about it.

As a punishment, the Goddess of the Skies banished Adrian from the Heavens and left his soul wandering outside the gates… He was a fallen angel.

The Goddess of the Skies forbade Grains and Adrian to ever see each other, but that didn’t stop them. Every night, when the sun sleeps, they would meet each other just outside the Heavens.

This continued for years until Grains bore a child and they named it Louis.

The other Angels saw her bump and reported it to the Goddess of the Skies where Grains was accused of making love to a human, which was not allowed.

Grains confessed who the dad of her unborn child was and the Goddess of the Skies were furious.

The Goddess then erased Adrian’s memory, and took his angelic powers leaving him with only demonic powers and sent him to the Underworld where Grains can’t ever see him.

The pain from the Queen slowly came back to her.

How she gave birth to their son, alone and without a father beside her.

Grains fell to her knees, “No. Stop. I don’t want to recall.”

And, years passed by and she became the Queen of the Angels and she managed to forget all about Adrian. Grains found a new-love; someone who she can love freely and isn’t forbidden. Grains was happy again.

But that happiness broke when Adrian came back to the Heavens along with his new Demons. It wasn’t easy for her to fight Adrian but she did anyways, for the sake of her Angels.

The Angels won, and Grains told Adrian that the Demons should stay in the Underworld and in exchange, Adrian asked for her only son, Louis.

 “I thought he remembered,” the Queen thought. “When he asked for my son.”

She looked at Adrian again, his black wings still flaming red.

“He doesn’t remember. At all,” she cried.