The Wedding pt:1

Lilly:

This morning Simmi woke me up at 7am and scared the shit out of me. Yousef and I slept over at Simmi place last night because the cleaning company said they weren't done with our apartments. Yousef slept on the couch and me and Arial in the guest room.

L: "what's going on Simmi?"

S: "are you stupid! Thank god I remembered! You have to leave now!"

L: "what'd you remember? And why do I have to leave?"

Y: "did you forget that you're getting married today?"

L: "no..." yes! I can't believe it, I'm getting married today. How could you forget lilly!

S: "so why are you still here?"

L: "I'm so confused right now"

S: "oh my god, Lilly here in America the groom can't see the bride all day"

L: "ohhh, I knew that. but why do I have to leave? Make Yousef go, I need my sleep"

S: "Lillllllyyyyy"

L: "alright, I'll go. My parents are supposed to land soon and I have to get some new sheets, and some groceries"

S: "alright. Ill entertain Arial for the day so don't worry about her. As for Yousef I know of a few things he needs to get done before tonight"

L: "okay and thanks. If Arial asks about me tell her I have errands to run and I'll try to sneak away from my parents before the wedding reception"

S: "todays your day Lilly"

L: "if only it wasn't so rushed and wasn't fake"

S: "that's true but hey, you now have a beautiful angle to look after and a man who will do anything to make you happy. There are so much woman out there that would be envious of you, even if it's fake"

L: "you're right. Thanks sim, you da best."

Yousef:

I woke up around 9:30 and realized Lilly was gone.

Y: "sim"

S: "yeah?"

Y: "where's Lilly?"

S: "she left early this morning"

Y: "where did she go?"

S: "she has errands to run"

Y: "oh, why didn't she just say? I'll call her"

S: "NO!"

Y: "um are you okay?"

S: "you can't see or speak to Lilly all day. You'll get to see her around 7ish"

Y: "why the hell not? I don't do that shit and neither does she"

S: "its bad luck and you know it, and plus why would she leave if she didn't want to follow tradition?"

Y: "fine but we have to make decisions, like what she'll wear to the reception and the wedding so I can get my suit"

S: "don't worry ill handle all that stuff. The only thing you have to do is get wedding bands, a Mangalsutra, and the jewelry you're going to give Lilly"

Y: "what the fuck is a Mangalsutra?"

S: "really? Mangalsutra is an auspicious thread which the groom ties around the neck of his wife at the wedding ceremony.  it's the symbol of being married."

Y: "ohhh, okay I'll take Ali with me so he can help me decide"

S: "go now just in case you have to go to more than one jeweler. Oh and by the way when is your family coming?"