Today's the day

*Few days later*

Lilly:

Today's the day. Today's the day. Today's the day. Today's the day.

The plan was to go to the park and this time bring Aman along, all for good reasoning of course. While at the park, Simmi's task is to bring Yousef and Jasmine to that same park. I haven't talked to her in a while so hopefully she showed Yousef my letter and will agree to come. Then, knowing Aman's temper, he'll lose it and try to attack Yousef or do something. This is when Gary, the officer I've been secretly talking to, to help with this plan, will show up and arrest Aman for misuse of conduct as well as kidnapping and all that other police stuff. Then when he's in cuffs and me and Arial are safe, then and only then will I sign the papers that will put Aman away for good and then we'll be free.

Sound easy, right? WORNG! I'm stressed, my anxiety is not having it. Literally the only thing I can think about is how this plan can go downhill so fast. I still need to convince Aman to come to the park with us and also find a way to call Simmi and check to see if everything was good on her side. I can't wait till this is all done with.

*Hour later*

I managed to convince Aman to come to the park, only because I told him if he ever wants us to be a true family then we have to do family things like going to the park together.

Everything was going according to plan but the only thing that wasn't in my control was Simmi and Yousef. I had no way of reaching her without making it obvious and I was starting to worry. What if she doesn't show up or forgets? What if Yousef doesn't agree and moved on to someone else?

I have to stay positive or Aman will suspect something is up. I just need to think positively, Simmi would never let me down. Right?

*At the park*

Simmi:

I sat in my car not knowing what to do. Lilly gave me one task and I couldn't do it. Yousef was somewhere and I don't know where. I thought about just driving off and acting like I forgot but I couldn't. I didn't want to see the disappointment on Lilly's face. I let her down, all that time she spent planning this is all about to go to waste.

I unbuckled jasmine, who as soon as her feet touched the ground went running towards the playground. Getting out of my car took every piece of courage I had. Lilly gave me one task and I couldn't do it, how am I going to face her knowing I let her down? All I wanted to do is cry. I hate letting people down.

I walked to the spot where Lilly told me to go and stood there. I looked around and saw Arial playing on the swings with jasmine. I turned my head slightly and saw Lilly sitting on a bench with Aman next to her. she looked tense because Aman's arm was around her shoulders.

As if sensing my presence, Lilly looked up and her face lit up, I guess she spotted me, and then it fell, she saw that I was alone. I saw her eyes Rome around frantically trying to spot Yousef, but he was nowhere in sight.

Lilly:

When I looked up to see Simmi I was thrilled but that didn't last long when I realized she was by herself... Where was Yousef? Did he really move on?

Aman sensed me looking at something and turned to look to see what it was. I didn't even have a chance I distract him...

"Is that Simmi?"

"What where?"

"Don't lie to me! do you meet up with her every time you come here?"

"I'm not lying. I just spotted her. I wonder what she's doing here and don't you dare yell at me"

"So, you've never seen her here?"

"No. This is the first time. How'd she find me?"

"Let's go ask"

"What... Um... How about we just ignore her? She's here by herself so that doesn't mean anything, right?"

"Lilly if this is the first-time meeting then you shouldn't have anything to hide"

Yousef:

I sat on a bench on the other side of the park and watched to see what was going to happen next. I read Lilly's letter but that doesn't mean I believe it. After calling Lilly's best friend and flying them here I started to doubt myself. Have I been wrong about Lilly? Did she still care for me?

I watched Lilly carefully and I also watched Arial. I missed my baby girl but as much as I wanted to go hug her I couldn't or else they'll know I'm here. Whatever supposed to happen needs to hurry up and happen. I want my daughter back.

Simmi:

Aman was walking to me and I swear I was about to piss my pants. I debated running away but the look on Lilly's face told me otherwise.

"How'd you find us"

"I...I..I..." I said not knowing how to reply

"You can't speak now either?"

"I brought jasmine to the park"

"Do you bring her every time?"

I looked at Lilly who was shaking her head slightly. I guess I was supposed to lie.

"No. Just today. Her mom and dad were busy"

"And they trusted you?"

"Yeah so what?"

"Hahahaha. What could you possibly do if something happened to her or someone took her"

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure I can do more than you can but that's none of my business"

"No one will ever come near my daughter. A father will always protect his family"

I knew I shouldn't say anything and just brush it off but I couldn't help it.

"SHES NOT YOUR DAUGHTER!" I yelled at him

"You little bitch. How dare you!" Aman said losing his cool. I guess I hit a sweet spot.

"It's the truth, is it not? You will never be her father. She has one and doesn't need another"

"Enlighten me and tell me who this so-called father of hers is? Oh, and if you can, tell me where he's been for the past 7 something months"

I opened my mouth to reply but instead of the sound of my voice it was Yousef's voice.

"She's my daughter, and that's my wife."

Thank you for reading, I'm sorry my posting isn't consistent but I'm trying to post more than a chapter a week. I hope you guys are enjoying this book and if not then leave me some feedback.

Until next chapter,

Xoxo, A.