08 | Sunday Funday

You know when you fall asleep extremely early, and you wake up confused not knowing what day or time it is? That's how I felt waking up in total darkness. I was surprised to see Prince still there, lying beside me. He looked so peaceful when he slept. Whatever he seemed to be going through earlier left him and he was completely at peace, for a few hours at least. I didn't want to wake him so I carefully crawled out of bed and crept out the door. Luckily the hallways were still lit, I had no idea what time it was. I made my way to the kitchen and found a clock against the wall, 3:05 AM. That's what I get for falling asleep at 6 o'clock.

I rummaged through the kitchen cabinets until I finally found a few boxes of tea and a coffee mug and quietly made myself a cup. I climbed on the stool as I sat at the kitchen island, blowing on the hot tea as it steeped. Hopefully this chamomile will help me to fall back asleep. My mind was relentless as it wouldn't stop playing today's events over and over in my head. I stared at the piping hot tea as I stirred it around with a spoon, creating a whirlpool in my mug. My head lazily resting on my hand as I waited for it to cool. After a few minutes I snapped out of it to take a sip and let the warm liquid run down my throat, hoping it would relax me. Unfortunately my brain wouldn't shut off and I was forced to keep my mind on him. What's going to happen when I go back home on Monday? Luckily, I know I'll be coming home to a ton of work so I'll at least have that to keep me busy and keep my mind off of things.

I was halfway done with my tea when I heard soft footsteps at the kitchen door. I looked up and saw Prince standing there. I tensed up when I saw him unexpectedly and he took a seat on the stool next to me.

"Don't do that" he said softly

"Do what?" I asked confused

"You looked terrified as soon as you saw me"

I didn't say anything, instead I looked back down at what was left of my tea. He took my chin and brought it back up to face his. "You've been crying" he said matter of factly. I looked away trying to avoid eye contact as his hand still held my face. "Look, I'm sorry about what happened earlier".

I brought my eyes back to his as I watched his face turn apologetic. "Sorry for leaving, or sorry it shouldn't have happened?" I asked him seriously. There was a difference, and I needed to know before I looked or felt any more stupid than I already did.

"I'm sorry for leaving you the way I did" Inside I was smiling, because at least this meant he didn't regret it. "It's just.." his voice trailed off and I watched as he struggled with being this vulnerable. "I haven't felt like this in a while".

"Like what?"

"I don't know, there's something about you" he shook his head and quietly laughed to himself, almost in disbelief. I was blushing, I couldn't believe I could make him feel this way. He laced his fingers with my free hand, his thumb caressing mine. We sat there like that in silence for a while, I think we were both reflecting and coming to terms with the fact that there was something between us. What that is, I'm not sure either of us know at the moment. After a while he sweetly pecked my lips before fully taking my hand in his and leading me back upstairs. We spent the rest of the night, or morning, talking about whatever we felt like until we both drifted back off to sleep.

When I awoke again he was no longer by my side, I don't even remember falling asleep last night to be honest. I got up, took a nice hot shower and got myself ready for the day. I checked my phone and saw that I had a text from Ria

Ria: Come into wardrobe!

I left my room and walked my way over to the design room. I remembered where it was from when Prince gave me a tour of the place. When I walked through the door, I saw Ria sitting at a table in the middle of the room. Glasses on her face and a pencil in her hand as she quickly sketched on a piece of paper. When the door shut, she snapped out of her zone to look up at me.