32 | Prince or Princess?

The weekend of Alex's gender reveal I was feeling 100% better and finally much more like myself. I flew into town that Friday night, but sadly Prince couldn't make it which I expected. On Saturday I got up at the crack of dawn and headed to Alex and Mateo's place to help cook and set up. I offered to pick up the cake which coincidentally enough was from the bakery right below my apartment. It wasn't ready when I left this morning so I had to go back that way.

When I walked inside and smelled the sweet aroma of the baked goods, I immediately grew an embarrassing smile on my face that I tried to hide. I couldn't help but remember the first time Prince and I made love, just after I came here grabbing a bag of goodies that we barely even touched.

"Riley! How are you sweetheart?" The owner asks me, snapping me back to reality

"Hi Grace" I waved with a smile walking up to the counter.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in months! You used to come in and order chocolate croissants every other weekend like clockwork"

"I know" I admitted "I spend a lot of time out of town these days"

"Would that time be spent in Minnesota?" she lowered her voice with a smile, as if she had just heard the juiciest gossip of the year. Seems like everyone saw that interview.

"Possibly" I smirked

"I saw the interview he did, honey I had no idea! I saw that photo of you appear on the screen and I nearly screamed!" I laughed at her excitement. She was a sweet older woman, but she definitely loved to gossip. Which was extremely easy to do in Los Angeles.

"We're just really good friends" I lied. She shot me a look that said I was clearly full of shit. All I did was laugh in response. Prince doesn't deny it and neither do I, but we don't flat out admit it either.

"Well, you tell that really good friend of yours that I said hello. Now what can I help you with?"

"I need to pick up a cake under the last name Santos" I said as I handed her the pickup order paperwork. She told me she'd be just a second as she went to the back to grab the cake. I roamed the bakery looking in the glass windows at all the treats I wanted so badly to devour, but knew I shouldn't. The place was pretty empty which was rare, it's usually packed in here. It was only me and one other man who seemed to be pacing back and forth between the displays indecisively.

Grace came back out with the cake and opened it up for me to look over.

"It looks great Grace, thank you"

"Riley..are you..?" She looked down at my stomach and back up to my face. I wasn't ripped, but I was in good shape, although you wouldn't be able to tell due to the loose shirt and sweats I had on. I was going to wait to get properly dressed until we were done cooking and decorating. Her question shocked me and my mouth flew open.

"Oh my God, no! No, my best friend is pregnant not me" I corrected her with a gasp

"Oh okay. I was going to fall out on this floor if I found out you were having Prince's baby"

"Sshh" I shushed her as I looked around, afraid someone would hear. Luckily it was only that same man who didn't seem to be paying attention to our conversation at all.

"I'm sorry" she whispered, covering her mouth "Well here," she said as she reached in the display case and pulled out a chocolate croissant. She placed it in a baggy before handing it to me "This one's on me. Tell your friend I said congratulations" she smiled. I thanked her and carefully carried the cake box with my croissant on top and headed back to Alex's.

I talked to Prince briefly that day, just to check in and say hello. I was too busy to talk for too long so our conversation was cut short. I told Alex about the whole Sam ordeal and she was at a loss for words. She joked and said I need a restraining order against him, but I don't think he'll try again after this last stunt.