forty

I don't know how long we've been running but it seemed like hours. Louis was in the way front, constantly turning back and telling David and I that we needed to hurry up.

"If you guys don't hurry the fuck up then Julius and his merry men will be on our asses and we'll all be dead." Louis snarled at us. David and I picked up the pace.

"Alex, look-" David spoke as he jogged next to me.

"Save it." I scoffed and jogged faster to get away from him.

"I had no other choice!" David's voice echoed in the silent night. The only sounds heard were our feet hitting the ground alongside ticks from illuminated 'open' or 'close' signs.

I stopped in my tracks. Slowly, I turned around. My fists, balled.

"No choice?" I laughed. "You had the fucking choice to not get me fucking kidnapped. You had the fucking choice to let me get into a cab or walk another way home. You had no other choice, my ass." I had hot, angry tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Yeah, David." Louis sassed.

I quickly turned around and faced him. "No one needs your sass right now, Louis."

"I'm just trying to lighten the fucking mood, Alexis. God." Louis turned around and continued to walk. "Hurry the fuck up before you get your asses shot."

And, as if we were in a movie, a black SUV pulled up on the street in front of us. "Turn around! Run!" Louis pivoted on his foot and began to run our way. David and I got into a running stance and started sprinting the other way. But another car pulled up in front of us.

The three of us walked backwards until our backs hit each other. "I don't wanna die." I started to cry.

"Alexis, stop fucking crying and listen to me." Louis barked.

"Stop cursing at me!" I screamed, my emotions overcoming me.

"Oh, for crying out loud." Louis stood in front of me. "Babe, listen to me." His voice was soft and soothing. "Please stop crying. I have a plan, okay? I just need you to stop making a scene." He spoke. And, again, as if in the movies, I was calm. "Good."

Louis moved back into his original position, his back touching David and I's again. I felt his hand grab for mine before quickly lacing our fingers together. "David." He whispered. "I need you to make a scene."

"What? Why me?" David whined.

"Because you got us in this damn position." I hissed at him. I could feel Louis staring at me. I looked over at him and he had an adoring smile on his face. "God, I lo-" He began to speak before he was interrupted.

"Did you guys not want breakfast?" Julius' voice traveled towards us. "I got you guys McDonald's. I figured you'd be hungry, but when I came back you were gone."

"David, make a scene." Louis urged him to do so before things got worse.

"What the fuck do you want me to do?" David muttered.

Louis was quiet for a second. "Apologize to Julius. Just say random shit to make him focus on you." Louis whispered.

"If I fucking get shot, Tomlinson, I swear to God." David growled at Louis.

"You won't fucking get shot! Now do it!" Louis harshly whispered-he was getting irritated.

David stepped out of the little back-triangle we made. The cold, crisp air hitting the side where he was. My heart beat started to get faster. Fear started to trickle inside of me. My breath became labored and I could feel my eyes become wide.