fifty six

I sat waiting at the ballroom for another hour. Tapping my feet against the hard-wood floor. Echoes being heard throughout the half empty room. It was twelve forty-five now. No one has come.

By now, I was on my phone. Downloading a game that seemed interesting in hopes that it'll save me from boredom. As soon as the game finished downloading, my phone began to ring. Not expecting it, I dropped my phone. "Shit." I mumbled as I reached to pick it up.

I wiped the screen on my pants and looked at it. The Model was calling. A smile formed on my face as I swiped to answer. "Hey, birthday boy." I spoke into the phone.

A sigh was heard on his end. I could just imagine him with his face in his hand, shaking it. "Where are you?" He quickly said.

"Happy birthday!" I said, ignoring his question.

"I woke up and you and Natalie were gone." He ignored my birthday wish to him, as well.

"Stop ignoring my birthday greeting." I scoffed.

Louis growled, "Stop ignoring my question."

"Say 'thank you' first." I said. A hint of annoyance sneaking into my voice.

Louis groaned on the other end. I could hear noises that indicated that his hands were rubbing up and down his face—he usually does this when he gets annoyed. "Thank you." He mumbled. "Now, where are you?"

"I'm out shopping. Trying to find the perfect gift for you." I lied. My fingers started to play with the loose string that hung from the seat.

"Don't get me anything." He barked.

I laughed, knowing he'd be like this. "Get you something? Okay." I joked.

"No!" He mumbled a few incoherent words before I finally understood him. "Where are you shopping?" He asked.

"I'm not going to tell you!" I squeaked. "If you come here, you're going to ruin the whole purpose of a gift."

"No, I am asking because David and I are going to hang out for a few hours. But he said we have to stop by a mall or someplace because he has to pick up something for his girlfriend." Louis said.

"David has a girlfriend?" I quickly asked.

"Yeah," Louis laughed, "apparently he does."

"Hmm," I paused, "that's weird considering that he kind of flirted with me." I muttered, more to myself than to Louis.

"What?" He snapped.

"I said I'm at the Atlantic Station." I covered up.

"Okay, well, what time am I going to see you, love?" He said with a soft, tender voice. I just wanted to melt onto the floor at the sound of his voice.

"I'll be at your house at around three. Will you be done by then?" I asked, my voice low, almost in a whisper as waves of heartache entered me. I already miss him.

"I believe so, babe." Louis voice was as low as mine. The same tone as mine. "Why? Do you miss me already?" I could hear him smirking as he spoke.

"Oh, shut up." I told him. Heat crawling up my neck as I began to feel embarrassed.

Louis chuckled. "Do you? 'Cause I'll tell you, I sure as hell miss you." He said with an arrogant tone.

"Yes, Tomlinson, I miss you." I said in one breathy voice.

"Okay, babe, I'll see you at three. Hopefully, I will be given the gift of you on my bed in some sexy lingerie." He voiced before hanging up.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at his contact picture. "This boy." I shook my head.