14) "Whatchu Get Out The Deal"

Seandrea Sledge:

When I got in the house, I had so much to think about. The bricks Shayaa had, me and Shayaa's relationship. I had to think hard for a second before I remembered somebody I could call.

I scrolled through my contacts until I found Olubowale's number (y'all thought I was getting rid of Wale?? Chile please, he be fixing everything) I texted him instead of me calling him out of the blue

Wassup O?

He had read the message and the typing notification stayed for about 30 seconds.

Hey, Chicago. Whatchu need?

It was like he already knew I had a problem. Well, that's all I really texted him for. I even saved him in my phone as "Help Hotline" (I know, I'm wild)

So, I caught feelings for this dude last month and, I'm still tryna see what he on but today the first time I saw him in a few weeks and I found three bricks of cash. I ain't wanna be talm bout it the whole time and start something but I do wanna ask him a q.

I sent the message and as soon as I did, "Imani🙄" popped up on the screen. I answered the call.

"Yo." I said.

"Dej told me to tell you come to her house so she could tell you what happened." Imani said.

"She couldn't call me?" I said.

"She still doesn't have her phone." Imani said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." I said. Me and my shitty ass memory.

I hated to go to Dej's house with weed on my breath because Chy couldn't stand the smell and I was definitely not the type to walk around with stinky breath so I brushed my teeth and put on my jeans, my 12's and my Helly Hanson jacket.

When I got to Deja's house, I made a beat on the door and Deja opened it. "Come on." She said.

Imani was there too. She was on her phone and picking at her cuticles, which were already red and bloody since she had a habit of picking at them.

"Imani." Deja said as I sat down.

Imani snapped to attention and her phone down. "So, after we left, yes, Dre. Imani did drop me a block down but I didn't go unconscious. My cousin Woodie don't got nothing to do with it, he passed like five years ago. But anyways, I took that alley so I could cut through and cross the street and be at the house." Dej said.

My phone lit up with a message from Olubowale but I could only take a peak at it. He had put the thinking emoji and that was it.

"I--oh shit, Dre, your eye is bleeding again." Dej stopped herself.

"It is?" I asked.

"Just like the last time." Imani said.

"Lord, no offense but that looks creepy." Dej said.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll be right back." I don't know how in the hell I don't be feeling anything falling out of my eye.

I took a tissue and wiped at my right eye. Then I rinsed off my face and walked out of the bathroom. "You really need to get that checked out, cause that's the second time." Imani said.

I sat down. "I can go?" Dej said.

"Yeah." I said.

"So I was walking down the alley and Travis came out of nowhere and told me I'm his long lost cousin, and shit, lying to my face. So then he's like 'you gotta come meet your aunt' and I'm like no. But then he just grabs me and throws me into the car. He snatched my phone and wouldn't give it back and the car drive was like 6 or 7 hours. Then he dragged me down to the basement and the only time he opened the door was for me to send a message to somebody, once to get my password." Deja said. She sighed after that and me and Imani hugged her.

"Well at least you back home before he did anything else." I said.

"Yeah." Imani said.

Deja nodded. I stepped back. "You need anything?" I said.

"I need a Advil." She said.

I reached into my bag. I always carried Advil and Aleve just in case I needed it. And sometimes Tylenol but that was only when I was sick and I had to go out somewhere. "Imani, can you go get her some water?" I said, fishing around in my bag. My fingertips slid over something that I never knew to be in there. I ignored it once I found the Advil.

Imani came back with the water and Deja took the Advil. Imani pulled out her phone again. Somebody was calling her and she walked out on the porch to take the call.

Me and Deja sat in the house, on the couch. "So how is things between you and Shayaa?" Deja said.

"Just fine. Yesterday was the first day I seen him in three weeks." I said.

"Well damn, y'all just stay apart for long ass periods of time huh?" Deja said.

"Pretty much." I said.

I keyed in a text to Wale.

Idek how to react. I don't want to start no argument we already had one but I still wanna ask him about it

I sent it and almost immediately after that, he read it. I put my phone down.

"Chy is on her way." Imani said, opening the door. She closed it back and continued her phone conversation.

"Well, I guess me and Imani better get outta here for Chy get in and curse you out." I said.

"Okay, see you later." Deja said. I hugged her and walked outside, pulling Imani along with me towards my car.

Hi y'all.

How y'all day going?

You see I wasn't getting rid of Wale, he was my nigga in Late Nights😂

How y'all feeling now that y'all know what really happened to Dej?

You think Seandrea should confront Shayaa or wait?

Okay, clarification cause my friend Makenzye asked me this while she was reading over it.

Seandrea and Shayaa aren't necessarily a 'thing' yet. They haven't exactly hooked up yet. So DO NOT comment any questions about that, now that you know.

But just in case, any questions?

Things to clear up??

Surprise surprise, I'm doing a Q&A about me and any published book I have on Wattpad. Drop a question in the comments and somewhere in the middle of the book I'll have that Q&A up.

BEFORE you ask ANY questions for the Q&A, label it Q&A and if you want me to put in your username or not.

Ex: This is for the Q&A, please/ please don't include my username. My question is...

Pretty self explanatory so, bye.

Oh yeahhh shout-out to Aliyahh___babee for reading, you know I got you and my sis JarJar04 cause that's my best girl💕