43) Give It Up

Jodi in MM , you prolly know her from ig

I got out of the car with Shayaa. "Please don't kill her. We don't need anybody else in jail." Shayaa said.

"I won't lay a hand on her unless she wants to provoke me." I said.

Shayaa knocked on the door. His ex--Jodi, apparently-- opened the door. I had to keep myself from looking her up and down.

"Hey Sha...and who is this?" Jodi said, looking me up and down. I probably should have did that first because now I was on the verge of slapping this hoe.

"This is--"

"Seandrea, problem?" I cut in.

"No." Jodi said tightly.

"I thought so." I said.

"So that thing is your new girl?" Jodi said, looking at Shayaa and pointing at me.

Need I remind you I'm not a thing, wrong choice of words, hoe. I thought and had to bite my tongue to keep from saying it.

I'm not the type to be passive aggressive for more than about 5 minutes, so either way, it would come out anyway.

It's like Shayaa read my mind. "She. She's not a thing." Shayaa said. I chewed on my lip in an attempt to calm down.

Jodi was tall, around 5"6. Her hair was down to her shoulders (like mine). I guess you could say she had a nice shape, she just had a little chest. But let me not say that cause it's the same with me. And right now she was wearing a UCLA sweatshirt and some sweatpants.

Shayaa shifted from one foot to another. I nudged him. "Huh?" He said.

"Tell her what we came here for. You wanted to come over here anyway." I said.

"To sort out this drug thing." Shayaa said.

"Don't say it to me, say it to th-- her." Yes, I was about to call her a that. Not a thot, that. Since she wanna call me a thing.

"But she already heard--"

"Drug thing?" Jodi retorted.

"Yeah, since apparently you want him so bad you had to drug him." I snapped.

"I did not!" Jodi said.

"Explain this since he can't explain this his own self." I said, holding up his right arm which had an array of needle marks going down his wrist.

"He must've did that his self." Jodi said.

"Stop lying, bruh, why the hell would I ever do some shit like this?" Shayaa said.

Jodi sat there. "I'm stepping out for a minute." I said.

I walked out of the house and stood on the porch, letting the March air nip at my face. It was my only way to calm down. Anything to keep from pimp slapping her white. Yes. I pimp slap.

Once I collected myself I finally realized how cold it was and made my way back into the house where Shayaa was standing near the wall by the door. "Come on Dre, we leaving." Shayaa said, grasping my arm so tightly it could turn black and blue.

When we got back in the car, Shayaa hugged me out of the blue.

"Shayaa..." I said.

I stayed in Shayaa's arms for a few more minutes before he let me go. "Promise you won't let Jodi fuck up this relationship." Shayaa said.

I nodded. "Whatchu thinking about doing next week?" Shayaa asked starting up the car.

"I want to spend the day with you." I said sweetly.

A smile slowly crept onto Shayaa's face. "Don't hide that smile mister no-heart." I said.

"You know, we never did anything for my birthday." Shayaa said.

"Because I was pissed off at you. And on my birthday I had to drive six hours down a crowded freeway, save my second deceased best friends ass, get three hours of sleep and work the rest of the day." I reminded him.

"True." Shayaa said.

"But Shayaa, can I tell you something?" I asked.

"What is it?"

"We've been together since May. That's... almost a year." I said.

"Awe." Shayaa said, grabbing my hand. He pulled up in front of Symere's house.

"I just stopped by to pick up something from Sym. Stay in here." Shayaa said.

I nodded. Shayaa got out and went up and buzzed Symere's apartment number.

😽

I reached over Shayaa's shoulder to see the tweet that had snagged my attention. It was Chy's tweet.

@yhurbitchmani you fucking think I'm playing you killed my cousin and you supposed to get away with it?? ofn 💯

"Wait a minute, let me see." I said, grabbing Shayaa's phone.

I tapped the tweets and checked Chy's page. There was a long string of tweets. "Damn, that's deep." Shayaa said, eyeing one of the tweets.

"Peep this." I said, tapping another tweet.

I miss my cousin💔 would do anything to get her back and if that means getting some type of revenge on @yhurbitchmani

"I feel her pain." Shayaa said.

I immediately felt guilty. I know I lost Dej too but I hated the way I had pushed Shayaa to move on. I felt like I had acted inconsiderate and should have left him time to get it off his chest. Like I shouldn't have pulled him away from the situation so fast, instead of letting him get over it himself.

At the same time, I felt like I shouldn't have been feeling like that. I had lost two of my best friends, one in a car accident and the other I don't even know how.

Speaking of which, Chy called my phone and I handed Shayaa his phone back. "Dre, check Chicago PD twitter." Chy said.

I grabbed Shayaa's phone again, earning a look of disapproval from him. I typed in the search bar, and checked the city police department's twitter. I knew why Chy told me to check.

The tweet said "cause of 19 year old Deja Trimble's death has been discovered." And a link to the article.

I skimmed the article and once I saw it, I dropped both phones.

Hi y'all.

How y'all think Dej died ?

Jodi a lil bit thotty to me . Wbu ?

Late Nights and No Hard Feelings are DISCONTINUED from now on.

(😂😂 No Hard Feelings has Dreezy in it and Dreezy has an album called from now on )

22 chapters left .

Shout out to whoever on that "slaughter gang shit , murder gang shit"😎💯💀🔫

Okay bye .