19) "She Kept It P And That Was It"

Shayaa Bin Abraham-Joseph:

Seandrea wouldn't tell me what was wrong. She locked herself in the bathroom and whenever I knocked on the door or asked if she needed anything, she would grunt in reply.

"Seandrea." I said. She groaned.

"Come on. Open up." I said.

I turned the knob. She refused a few times but she reluctantly unlocked the door. "Now can you tell me what happened?" I said.

She shook her head. Lord, she was on mute now. I guess I would have to guess. I tried to think of reasonable stuff to say as she stood in front of me. "Lemme see, something happened to somebody." I said.

She nodded and sat back down on the couch. As long as she didn't go back in the bathroom again. "That somebody would be.... Deja?" I said.

She nodded sadly and looked as if she was about to cry again. I didn't even want to say what else I was thinking. "She's dead, Shayaa." She mumbled quietly.

"She what?" I said. I sure as hell had something going on with my hearing. Cause I know she didn't just say Dej was dead.

"She died..." she said. Now I understood how emotional she was. Her and Dej seemed real close together.

"Oh, damn..." I trailed off.

Seandrea Sledge:
(I know. Shayaa POV was short)

I really wanted to find out what and how and WHO killed Deja. I found my shoes, pulled them on. "You leaving?" Shayaa asked.

"Going to Deja's house, you coming?" I asked.

"I guess so." Shayaa said.

Shayaa went to the back and put his clothes on.

He drove me to Deja's house and there was a police car in the driveway next to Chy's car.

I knocked on the door and Chy opened it. "Officer, this is Seandrea and Shayaa." Chy said.

I waved as Shayaa said "Wassup."

"China was just telling me what happened when she found Deja." The officer said. Hold the fuck up... found?

"So I had to go out to pick up something for Deja. She called me and said she would be gone for a few days. Then I waited a few days and like the second day, I couldn't even get in contact with her. Then the third day I woke up and Deja was in the bathtub." Chy said (yes, I know you pressed you know her name now).

"Did you have any hints of how she died?" The officer said.

"Strangulation, I think." Chy said.

While Chy talked I silently cried into Shayaa's chest again. Shayaa handed me a tissue and I wiped my face. "Miss Seandrea, do you know anything, from the past three weeks or so?" The officer said.

"She went missing and I found her." I said.

"And do you know who did it?" The officer asked.

That shut me up. I wasn't about to snitch and get a bullet up my ass. Oh hell fucking no. Then I realized, it was for Dej. "You need me to stall for you?" Shayaa asked.

I shook my head no. "It was some dude named Travis. About 5"10, and a fade with dreads." I said.

"Him?" The officer said pointing to Shayaa.

I could almost laugh at the face Shayaa made after that. "No, no. That's Shayaa." I said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." The cop said.