50) I Hate That I Love You

omfg , boe 😭 whyyy , it would be case lady , outta all people 😑 (nigga in the back doe💀)

When I screw up, I blame it on myself, even if it wasn't my fault. Chy said that wasn't good. But now, I could initially blame it on myself, but it was Leland who was really to blame. I was laying awake at 2 in the morning, thinking about this. I couldn't sleep that night at all.

When the morning came and I found a reason to depart the confinement of my bed, pillow and blanket, I got up and went to answer the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Chy tea." Chy said.

I opened the door. "Ah shit, what happened this time?" Chy asked.

"He found out." I said.

"He caught y'all?" Chy asked.

I started to tell Chy what happened at Leland's house, not leaving anything out.

"Damn." Chy said.

"Ion fuck with neither of them anymore. I'm done with niggas, completely." I said.

Little did I know, my mind would change in the next two years.

xxx

I knocked on Chardae's door, waiting for her to answer. She opened the door. "Hey Dre." Chardae said.

"Hey Dae." I said.

"I got somebody you can collab with." Chardae said.

"Who?" I asked, curiosity taking over.

"Come on." She said and pulled me in.

There sat the last person I wanted to see. My stomach turned. "Seandrea this is--"

"Sorry to cut you off, but we already know each other." I said tightly.

"Oh, okay then." Chardae said.

"Hi... Shayaa." I muttered.

"Wassup Seandrea." He said just as slowly.

"23 l; huh?" I said awkwardly.

"Yeah. 21 huh?" He repeated. I nodded.

Truth is, I haven't even talked to Shayaa since the altercation between me him and Leland, two years ago. It was weird, since we didn't have a clue about where we were now. It wasn't a hate-hate situation, but I honestly would like to continue the relationship we had before.

Chy had had India Aubrey Trimble in late December of last year. I was technically India's aunt.

A lot of things had changed, especially my feelings for Shayaa, and now seeing him, those feelings were starting to sink in again. I bit down on my lip and silently prayed Shayaa didn't notice.

But he did. He scratched the back of his neck. "Feelings ain't changed, huh?" He asked.

I shook my head.

He hesitated. Chardae had went in the kitchen so it was just us. "Dre... can we try this again? Start from square one?" Shayaa asked.

I twiddled my thumbs together. I shrugged.

I still had that one Tuesday--

Wednesday

Wednesday stuck in my head. I didn't need your input, author.

Not my fault he fucked you so good you forgot the day of the week.

Dickhead.

Thank you 😇