15) Role Reversal

Seandrea Sledge:

Shayaa had apparently blew up my line late last night. I woke up and counted 17 missed calls. I went and knocked on his door and he opened it. "Wow." I said.

He looked tired and sick and-- now I know why he called me at two or three in the morning. My phone was on do not disturb anyways. "Shayaa, you got drunk last night, didn't you?" I asked.

He nodded. "Let me come in, I guess I'll be Nurse Seandrea today." I said.

He let me in. There was an area on the couch where you could tell he was laying in all day. There were two bottles of Advil on the table, a half empty bottle of water and an empty bottle of champagne. He laid back on the couch and the first thing I did was gave him salt water. Well, I tried a few unsuccessful times and then I gave him salt water.

"What's that?" He asked as I stirred the salt into the water.

"Salt water, it'll hold your stomach. It's either that or Pepto Bismol." I said.

"Neither." He said.

"It wasn't a yes or no question." I said.

"Then what kind of question was it?" He asked.

"It wasn't even a question. I'm telling you your options." I said.

"And I can't say neither?" He said.

"Not an option." I said.

"Fine, fine, gimme that." He said, reaching for the cup.

"If you drink it slow, it'll taste worse. Probably make you regurgitate again." I said.

Once he finished drinking it, he made a disgusted face and stuck his tongue out. "Blegh." He said.

"I'm tryna help you." I said.

I threw away the empty champagne bottle and sat next to him. "You blew up my phone last night, I hope you know that." I said.

He opened his phone and checked his call logs. "Damn, I called you 18 times?" He said.

"I only got 17 but yeah." I said.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked.

"No but it was two, three in the morning." I said.

"I got a headache." He said.

"Did you eat anything?" I asked.

"No."

"Exactly." I said, getting up and going back into his kitchen.

I remembered the drawer, and the bricks but I pushed that to the back of my mind. "You got some leftover shrimp fried rice. You want that?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

I dumped it on a plate, put it in the microwave and gave it to him. "You didn't have to do this, you know." Shayaa said.

"Well, lucky for you, I care about you so I chose to." I said.

I sat back down. Shayaa

It fucking cut the chapter off😡😡

Just skip to the next chapter, sorry for the inconvenience💕