Chapter 5: The Question

"The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along." ~Rumi

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"I'm never ever going to drink again," Bianca said when she approached us. It's already Monday. It has been two days since the party, but everyone is still talking about it. It's a good thing only a few people remembered what happened to me and Gabriel.

"Gabriel apologized, right?" Bianca asked. I nodded as a response.

"As he should, right? What he said was really insensitive." Tori scoffed.

"Let's just forget about it," I said, and they nodded as a response. We didn't get a chance to talk some more because the bell rang indicating that we have to get to our first class.

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"Hey, Lia," James, Jaden's twin brother greeted when he saw me eating by myself in the cafeteria. He placed his food tray in front of mine and sat on the seat in front of me.

"Hi, James," I greeted back.

"Where are your friends?" he asked.

"I don't know either." I chuckled. "I texted them but none of them answered." I shook my head.

"How are you?" he asked.

"I'm okay as always," I answered. "You?"

"Good. As long as Vanessa's still with me, I'll always be fine," he answered, and I smiled. Vanessa is James' girlfriend for three years. They're the sweetest couple ever! I wished for Jaden and me to be like them, but he hasn't even asked me to be his girlfriend yet and I don't know when he will.

I enjoyed eating with James. We had a lot to catch up on because we rarely had the time to hang out. He told me how well he's doing in sports events because he's a swimmer. He also told me how sad he feels because it's his last year competing. I then told him about my plans for college and after it.

He also asked if Gabriel apologized to me for what he did at the party. I just nodded and told him to forget about it.

"And about Jaden," he said, changing the topic.

I raised a brow. "What about him?" I asked, taking a sip of my apple juice.

"You like him, right?" he asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows. He of all people should know that! He's the first one to notice my feelings towards Jaden before.

"A lot. Why?"

He nodded. "That's good."

"You know you're acting weird," I said, shaking my head.

"I just need assurance, you know?" He shrugged.

"Assurance?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He chuckled before ruffling my hair. I smacked his hand to stop and then I glared at him before fixing my hair. He sat properly and looked at me directly. "I need assurance that you would never hurt my brother."

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"He said that?!" Bianca asked, still not believing what I have said. I told Bianca and Khaila about the weird conversation James and I had a while ago. We are currently waiting for the others so we could go home together.

"I can't believe it too. Do I look like a walking heartbreak?" I scoffed.

"Well, maybe it's because- "

"Lia! Lia! Lia!" Khaila couldn't finish what she was saying when Hope and Tori yelled for my name while running towards me.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Stella fainted in the rooftop," Hope said while trying to catch her breath.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Let's go!" Bianca said.

"She only wants Lianna to go there," Tori said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How can she call for me when she's uncon- "

"No more questions!" Hope said, grabbing my arm and dragging me.

I was left with no choice but to follow her to the rooftop. It didn't take long before we reached the door leading to it.

"Get inside," Hope said, and I did what I was told. When I entered, I roamed my eyes around the area, but Stella was not to be found.

"Where the hell is- "

"Bye!" Hope said before closing the rooftop door.

"Sh*t! Hope! Let me out!" I called while trying to open the door, but she just locked it from the inside. "What the f*ck is your problem?!"

"Well you done done me and you bet I felt it" a familiar voice started singing and playing the guitar. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked for the person singing.
"I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted"

I covered my mouth in shock when I saw Jaden holding a guitar and singing.

"I fell right through the cracks
And now I'm trying to get back"

I can hear my heart beating rapidly. He always does sweet things to me ever since I told him I like him and he told me that he feels the same, but this was different. He was just singing and playing his guitar, but I don't know why it made me so happy that I want to cry.

I just stood there and watched him finish the song. I would sometimes sing along. His voice was so soothing that I sometimes close my eyes and felt the cold breeze.

"This, oh this, this is our fate, I'm yours" he finished. I just felt myself tearing up a little. He walked towards me after placing his guitar down. He gave me a hug. "Did you not like it?" he asked.

"I loved it so much which is why I can't control my tears," I said while chuckling. He hugged me tighter.

"I'll do this for you every day if you want because I'm yours," he said, and I looked at him in shock. He smiled sweetly. "Will you be mine too?"

Featured Song: I'm Yours by Jason Mraz