Chapter 2: How the Battle Began

"One of things I like about looking at pictures of when you're young and also meeting back with old friends you haven't seen in a long time is, for me, it's a glimpse of who I was." ~Lea Thompson

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"You stay here until I dismiss you, okay? No sneaking out and please place your phones here," the teacher who saw us fighting said while holding a box. I placed my phone in the box and Gabriel did the same. She just nodded before walking out and locking the door.

"She brought the phone box," I groaned, and Gabriel sighed. "This is all your fault!"

"Excuse me, Crabby. You were the one who placed that shock thing in my locker, " he retorted, and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, you placed that water bucket in my locker and got me so wet!" I said and he smirked. "What are you smir–" I then remembered what I have said. "Not that kind of wet, you as*hole!"

"I wasn't saying anything. You're the one insinuating something."

"You don't have to say anything because I already know what you're thinking, Mr. Player!"

"Shut up already! Don't ruin my beauty rest, " he said while placing his legs on the table and shifting to a comfortable spot. I sighed and just looked around the room. I tried sleeping as well but it's not working. I just ended up staring at the now sleeping Gabriel.

He still looks the same as when we were young. His skin tone is still white as snow as if the sun never met his skin. His hair is still that beautiful jet-black color.

Beautiful?! Eww! What the hell am I thinking!?

"Take a picture, it'll last longer, " he said, and I quickly looked away.

"What on earth are you talking about?"

"You're staring at me? Don't tell me you're suddenly into me because we could do something about it. I could defi–"

"Shut up, you f*cktardhole! I'm with Jaden and you're f*cking disgusting, " I said, cutting him off.

"You're not with Jaden, Crabby. He hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend yet, " he said, and I was taken aback.

"How did you know that?" I asked.

"I just know." He shrugged.

"I didn't know you were that interested in my personal life, Mr. Winters, " I smirked.

"Oh, don't be so full of yourself, " he said, and I chuckled.

After some time, he got all comfortable again and he fell asleep. I really made sure he fell asleep before I roamed around the empty room.

Gabriel and I weren't really like this before. In fact, we were best friends. We met through our parents and ever since then, we were the best of friends.

It's still surprising that I'm more comfortable when I'm with him than when I'm with Stella. Stella and I were friends literally when we were still in diapers.

Not only has Gabriel been a close friend, I also had a huge crush on him. It was nothing, really. Probably puppy love or something like that.

What really bothers me now is why the f*ck did I always take his picture?! I was like his stalker. Every chance that I get, I take my camera out and snap a picture of him. After that, I'll print it out and put it on my diary.

Speaking of that diary. That diary is really important to me. Not only does it contain pictures of Gabriel, it also contains every little thing about my young personal life. That diary was also given by my dad which is why it should be treasured, but it was stolen from me. It was stolen by none other than my best friend, Gabriel Winters.