Chapter 24: Officially Yours

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." ~Dr. Seuss

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"G-Gabriel?" I asked, still trying to comprehend everything that was happening.

I tried to pinch myself just to make sure this was real. I wanted to make sure this wasn't just a dream.

I still can't believe it. He's here! He's really standing in front of me.

"Gabriel!" I exclaimed before hugging him. He hugged back.

The whole room was filled with cheers from everyone but all I heard was Gabriel whispering, "I missed you."

I breathe a sigh of relief. This is the moment I have longed for months and I wouldn't exchange it for anything in the world.

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"Bianca, I hate you!" I cried while shaking her shoulder a little.

The party is now over and everyone except my friends and Gabriel already left.

"After I gave you the greatest gift of all time?" She placed her hand on her chest, pretending she was hurt.

I shook my head while chuckling. "You just made my birthday complete and for that I say, thank you."

She smiled. "You're welcome."

"How did you get Mr. Lamppost to come here?" I asked.

"The whole making him as a gift to you was his idea. He's so corny and I went with his plan? Oh, my God!" she groaned, and I laughed.

"Anyway, I did get you something," Bianca said before grabbing something for her chair. She handed me a blue paper bag. "Wear it on your first date," she added. I grabbed it and checked what was inside.

I gasped when I saw the most beautiful dress. I got it out of the bag to closely look at it. I looked at the back and my eyes widened when I saw that it is from a designer brand.

"Bianca, this is expensive!" I exclaimed.

"Says the girl who always expected my gifts." She laughed.

I placed the dress back in the bag. "You know I was kidding. It's okay if you didn't get me anything. This must've cost you your allowance."

"Don't worry, okay? I love spoiling you and the girls." She smiled.

"And that is why we love you. You're the best," I said before giving her a thumbs up.

Bianca jokingly flipped her hair. "I am, aren't I?"

"Stop complementing Bianca, crabby. You're boosting her ego. She's already so narcissistic," Gabriel said from behind. I laughed.

"Shut up, Gabriel!" Bianca rolled her eyes. "I'll be giving you some precious space now. Goodbye," Bianca told us before turning back. "Oh, and Gabriel..." she called Gabriel's attention.

"What?" he asked.

Bianca faced him. "Hurt Lianna and you're dead," she threatened.

"But, I'm your cousin." Gabriel pouted.

"I don't care," she replied before walking away.

I chuckled and Gabriel shook his head. "You fed something to my cousin. That's why she was protecting you," he told me.

I scoffed. "How dare you accuse me of something I did not do?" I dramatically placed my hand on my chest.

Gabriel laughed. "Just kidding, Lia." He grabbed my hand. "Let's go. I'll take you somewhere."