Chapter 1: Welcome to My World!

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" ~Napoleon Bonaparte

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"I am definitely not picking you up next time," Stella, my best friend, said as I got into her car. She has been waiting for me for about ten minutes.

"I'm sorry, okay? My stuff was all over the place," I said, and she shook her head. Today is the first day of our senior year, and you can tell that I didn't really prepare for it. I fixed my appearance, of course. I don't want other people to drag me for how I look. I just didn't prepare my things the night before.

"You should've prepared your stuff beforehand," she scolded.

"I was lazy, and I don't really wanna go to school today," I groaned. Stella rolled her eyes before starting up her car.

While on the road going to school, Stella and I talked about the possibilities that could happen for the year. We agreed on partying more and involving ourselves in school programs to enjoy our last year in prep school while not neglecting what's important, which is keeping our grades up.

It didn't take that long before we reached our destination. After waiting for Stella to park her car, we entered the school together. We were greeted by our friends, Bianca, Khaila, Hope, and Tori. We talked to each other for a bit before we heard the school bell ring, indicating that we must go to our first class now.

Tori and I walked to our first class together. When we reached the classroom, I peeked at the people inside.

"What are you doing?" she asked when she saw me look inside the room.

"Gabriel might have something up his sleeve," I said, still searching if he's inside, and he is. He's talking with some of the people at the back. He seems preoccupied, and so I entered. Tori and I walked over to the two vacant seats we saw. I sat down and was shocked when my butt greeted the floor. 

I quickly stood up and looked at the person who pulled my seat, and it was none other than Gabriel Winters. You are so dead, Gabriel!

"You f*ckin' a*shole!" I grunted, grabbing my chair from his hand.

"Missed me, Crabby?" he asked, flashing his most annoying grin.

I scoffed. "You are so annoying! I'll get you back for this, I swear!"

"Ah, Mr. Winters and Ms. Tyler, correct?" someone asked from behind. We looked at the person who spoke, and all of us quickly sat on our seats. "Your 11th-grade teacher warned us about the two of you. They said you bicker non-stop, and I guess they're right," she said, and I looked at the ground, feeling ashamed. "Anyway, I'm Mrs. Wilson, and I'll be your Math teacher," she introduced herself.

After her short introduction, she did a roll call before discussing her house rules and regulations.

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"I f*ckin' hate him! I really do!" I vented after telling Jaden what happened on first period. We are currently in the cafeteria, eating.

"Chill out, Lia!" he said, calming me down.

"How am I going to survive if he keeps on doing this to me?!" I cried.

"Hey." He held my hand. "Tell me if he does this again, and I'll be the one fighting your battles," he said, looking directly at my eyes. I can't help but look at my food and continue eating to hide my face which is really heating up right now.

That's Jaden Key. My—I don't really know what we are at the moment. I've been going out with him for quite some time, but he hasn't formally asked me to be his girlfriend yet.

"You really don't have to do that, Jaden. I've been in this war for years, and you know, I have devised a plan," I said when I finally recovered.

"What is it?"

"You'll see," I said before finishing my food.

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"What if he dies?" Bianca asked while they were watching me put the shock button on the handle of Gabriel's locker. Bianca is actually Gabriel's cousin. Ironic, right? She has been having a tough time taming the both of us. I can't really blame her. But what can we do? I don't want to give up, and I'm sure as hell that Gabriel doesn't want to give up, too.

"He won't," I said, still tying the shock button.

"Don't worry, Bianca. All that button does is give him a tolerable shock," Stella said, and I nodded.

"And killing him is not an option. I don't want to go to jail," I said, ensuring the button was nice and hidden.

"Where did you even get that?" Bianca asked.

"Khaila and Tori bought this for me. Thanks, loves!" I said, facing the both of them.

"You know this wouldn't end," Bianca told them, and they just shrugged.

"Now for the note," I said, grabbing my notepad from my bag. I wrote a note and slipped it in his locker. "Let's go," I said before walking away.

"How will we know if it worked?" Hope asked.

"It will. I can feel it. I'll meet you guys outside. I'll just drop something on my locker," I said before walking to my locker. When I reached it, I entered my passcode to unlock it. I opened the door, and I was surprised when a lot of water rained on me.

My sudden shower got everyone's attention. I looked up and saw a water bucket on top of my locker, and it is connected to my locker door.

"GABRIEL WINTERS!" I cried before locating him. I first walked over to his locker, and luckily, I saw him about to reach his locker. I watched him enter his passcode, and when he held the handle, he jumped from shock. He touched the handle once more, and like a while ago, he leaped.

I laughed. This dude is so dumb!

He read the note I left, looked around, and there he saw me, laughing. "Who do you think you are for doing that?!" he growled.

"And who do you think you are for you to do this?!" I retorted, gesturing to my wet hair and clothes.

"You don't know how much that shock hurt!"

"And you don't know how- "

"Ms. Tyler! Mr. Winters!" someone called from behind. We both turned around and saw one of our teachers. "Detention, now!"