Chapter 27: Movie Nights

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." ~Harry Burns (When Harry Met Sally)

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"What happened on your first date?" Hope asked, poking my side. Today is Monday. It had been a day since my date with Gabriel. I haven't told the girls all about it yet.

"Well, we went on a picnic by the sea, and he took me to a beautiful hidden lake," I narrated. "He also gave me this." I raised my hand, showing them the promise ring.

All of them gasped. "HE PROPOSED?!" Khaila exclaimed. Bianca whacked her in the back of her head. "Ow! Bianca, what the fuck!"

"That's a promise ring, not a proposal ring," Bianca said.

"And it's fucking beautiful," Tori said, holding my hand to examine the ring better.

"Where did Gabriel get that?" Hope asked.

"I cannot believe Gabriel Winters thought of giving something like this," Stella said, obviously amazed.

Bianca smiled. "Who knew my cousin had such great taste?"

I chuckled. Gabriel does have great taste. I mean, he fell in love with me, right?

I was about to elaborate more on our date but the bell rang, not giving me a chance to say what I had in mind.

"Off to class we go," Tori said, pulling Hope with her.

"See you later, guys!" Hope said. I also greeted them before proceeding to my first class.

While walking, some sunlight seeped through the window and made my ring sparkle. Just by looking at it, I had an energy boost. I just knew this day would be one of the best. 

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"Do you want to go on another date?" Gabriel asked. We are in his car, getting home from school.

"Sorry, babe. I don't feel like going on another date and it's a Monday night," I answered. "Don't you have some tasks to work on?" I asked.

"Nope. No homework for today," he answered. "Will you be busy?"

"No, but going out doesn't stick right with me still," I answered. He stopped the car in front of my house. I was about to get down when I thought of something.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked.

His eyes lit up before nodding in response. I went down first and watched him park his car on the side of the road. He got out of the car before holding my hand and excitedly dragging me to the front door.

I opened the door and pulled him inside. We saw my mom on the couch working on some paperwork. "Hey, Mom, Gabriel's here," I told her.

She looked up and smiled at the both of us. "Hello, Gabriel," she greeted.

"Hi, Mrs. Tyler." He smiled.

"We'll just be in my room," I told Mom before pulling Gabriel up the stairs.

"Leave the door open!" Mom yelled, and I laughed.

"Keep your hands to yourself," I told Gabriel.

He smirked. "No promises."