Chapter 13: A Bad Dream or A Beautiful Nightmare

"A dream is a microscope through which we look at the hidden occurrences in our soul." ~Erich Fromm

☔︎・☔︎・☔︎

"Lianna, you look so beautiful!" Stella exclaimed as she was fixing my gown.

"He's so lucky," Bianca said while fixing my hair.

I looked at the mirror and smiled to myself. "No, I'm lucky to have him," I replied.

We were all busy fixing my hair and makeup when we heard knocks on the door.

"Lianna, dear?" my mom said when she opened the door. All of us watched her walk towards me.

"Girls do you mind if I speak to Lianna alone?" she asked. They just gave her a nod and one by one, they walked out of the door.

"Mom?" I called.

"Here." She handed me a small black velvet box. I opened it and saw a beautiful white gold diamond necklace.

"Mom what's this?" I asked, picking it up.

"That's our family's heirloom. It was passed to me when I married your dad. Now, I'm passing it to you," she answered.

I smiled at her before putting it on. "It's beautiful," I said, touching the pendant and looking at myself in the mirror. "Thank you, Mom." I hugged her and she did the same.

"You're going to make me cry," she said, and I chuckled.

"No tears on my wedding, please," I said before getting out of her embrace.

She lightly caressed my cheek. "Are you ready to go? Your groom is waiting," she asked, and I nodded as a response.

The both of us rode my bridal car and waited to get to the venue. The girls who are my bridesmaids already went there and are waiting for me.

When we got there, the photographer took some pictures of me before I waited outside the entrance of the venue. Mom already went inside.

I breathe in and out while waiting for the doors to open. I am feeling nervous but also excited at the same time.

I was startled when the doors finally open. I quickly looked around and I felt like tearing up when I saw my friends and family looking at me with the happiest expressions.

I started walking down the aisle. I admired everything while doing that. Everything was perfect from the decorations, the flowers, and even the carpet I am walking on.

When I was halfway done walking, I stopped and waited for my mom to come near. She held my arm before we started walking nearer the altar.

"I'm happy for you, my baby," she whispered.

"Mom, I'm getting married, but you still treat me like I'm a 6-year-old." I giggled.

"You'll always be mine and your dad's little girl." She smiled.

"He's watching up above supporting me, right?" I asked.

"Always," she answered.

When we reached the altar, there I saw my groom closely. He looked handsome with his suit. My mom let go of my arm and hugged him. "Take care of my daughter," she said.

"I will," he replied.

His parents walked towards me and gave me a hug. "Please be patient with my son," his mom whispered.

"You have my word," I said. After all the pleasantries, my groom looked at me and smiled. I did the same. My mom held my hand again and gave it to the groom.

The two of us faced the officiator and went through the ceremony. When it was time for our vows, we faced each other and held hands.

"Do you Lianna Tyler..." the officiator started. I looked at my groom. He had the biggest smile plastered on his face. He looked so handsome and I think I fell in love with him again. Oh, my Gabriel.

"Choose Gabriel Winters to be your partner in life, to support him in his successes and as well as his failures, to care for him in sickness and in health, to nurture him, and to grow with him throughout the seasons of your life together?" he asked.

"I do," I replied.

"Do you Gabriel Winters choose Lianna Tyler to be your partner in life, to support her in her successes and as well as her failures, to care for her in sickness and in health, to nurture her, and to grow with her throughout the seasons of your life together?"

"I do," Gabriel replied.

"By the power vested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride," the officiator said.

Gabriel walked closer to me and grabbed my veil. He slowly lifted it to reveal my face. He then held my cheek and slowly, he moved his face closer to mine.

While he's getting closer and closer, everything around me is starting to get blurry. I tried to ignore it but it's getting harder and harder as the seconds go by. I closed my eyes, hoping it would change something and when I opened them, the first thing that greeted me was a white ceiling.

I immediately sat down and massaged my head. I looked around and saw the girls sleeping. They didn't even notice that I woke up.

"It's just a dream, Lianna. A nightmare that's so disgusting I want to throw up," I whispered to myself.

I was about to get up and prepare breakfast when I heard Tori squirming. I walked over to her and tried to wake her up as quiet as possible.

"What happened?" I asked when she opened her eyes.

She sat upright. "I had a nightmare."

"What happened in your nightmare?" I asked.

"Zombie apocalypse." She rubbed her eyes. "How about you? Why are you up?"

"I had a nightmare, too," I asked.

"What happened?"

"I was getting married to an a*shole aka Gabriel Winters," I answered.

She laughed. "That's not a nightmare," she said.

"Well, it is for me," I countered.

"Who is having a bad dream?" Khaila asked while sitting.

"Oh, you're awake," I said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Khaila asked.

"Lia dreamed about marrying Gabriel," Tori answered.

I glared at her and Khaila chuckled. "He probably is Mr. Green Eyes," Khaila said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Mr. Green eyes?"

"Remember what Madame said? The person you'll end up with has the most beautiful set of green eyes," Tori said.

"Gabriel doesn't have- "I wasn't able to finish my sentence when I suddenly remembered Gabriel's eye color. "Sh*t!" I cursed. "I don't want to end up with him!"

"You may not want that now, but you will in the future," Khaila said.

I groaned. "Can we not talk about him in that way? I have a boyfriend and that prediction can't be a 100% accurate, right?"

"Whatever you say." Tori shrugged.

"I still think Gabriel is a potential lover," Khaila said.

I sighed. "That is impossible. I don't want to go out with a guy who invaded my personal space," I said, and they were both taken aback. "He will never be that Mr. Green eyes y'all are speaking of. I'm positive."