The Guidance

**Picture of Kyra (Katherine McNamara)**

"I'm sorry?" I ask, my mouth agape as I stare at Axel in shock.

He leans forward, resting his forearms on the table, "Honestly Evie, you need my help."

I feel a small amount of anger rising in my belly.

I glare at him, crossing my arms over my chest, "No. I don't."

He raises his eyebrow at me, "Are you sure about that?"

I lean forward too, matching his stance, "Who are you to tell me what I need to do? I'm just fine thank you very much."

He leans back, studying me, "Alright. I guess you'll just go through your last, and only, year of high school as a social reject."

How dare he speak to me like that.

"I'm not a social reject. Serene and Mark like me, they let me sit with them and they try and involve me in conversations." I reply with an edge in my voice.

"Exactly. They try and get you involved in conversations." He says, not seeming phased at all by my attitude.

As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. I had been at school for a whole week and I didn't feel anymore comfortable at all.

Still not giving in completely, I give him a curious look, "Why?"

He frowns, "Why what?"

"Why me?" I reply.

He shrugs, "Why not?"

I scoff, "Surely you have much better things to be doing than helping a 'social reject', as you called it, like me?"

He leans forward again, smirking, "Does that mean you're taking my proposition into consideration?"

I slouch back into my chair, tapping my fingers on the table and studying him as I think.

He probably could help, even if he was the most annoying jerk on the planet. I did want to get through my year of high school with some good friends to feel comfortable around.

I sigh, "Fine."

He claps his hands together, "Great. Let's get started then."

He then stands up abruptly and grabs my arm, my eyes widen as he drags me away, "Wait, where are we going?"

≈≈≈

"Would you hurry up?" Axel asks me from behind the curtain.

"I don't even know why I'm doing this!" I mutter to him, zipping up the dress.

"Are you done yet?" He replies, ignoring me.

I huff and pull open the curtain, giving him an annoyed look.

He freezes, and noticeably rakes my body with his eyes. He quickly clears his throat and glances at my eyes, "Finally."

The dress was different to anything I would normally wear, but I hadn't actually got a good look at it on me yet.

I step out and turn around to look in the large mirror. It was a cream colour, which matched perfectly with my tanned skin, it had a sweetheart neckline with some thin straps going over my shoulders. Now, I didn't have big boobs, but there was definitely enough there for me to handle.

The dress finished a little below my knee with a slit in one side that went up my thigh. It hugged to my body perfectly, I was a little surprised since Axel just grabbed this dress randomly and shoved it to me, forcing me to change into it.