Chapter Six

I woke up to the familiarity of my bed, the sheets between my fingers. The pillow smothering the side of my face. My body felt weak and drained.I was at peace for a few blissful seconds, right until all the memories came flooding back in, right along with the pain that filled my stomach.

My dry throat screeched at the pain, soon followed by tears.

"Honey?" My mums voice called out from the hallway. I heard my bedroom door open. "Oh sweetheart." She said and sat next to me on the bed. She ran her fingers through my hair, she always use to do this when I was sick.

I closed my eyes and let my body relax, I was safe.

"Honey, I need you to take these." My mum said.

I opened my eyes to see her holding a glass of water and two off white coloured pills. I shook my head at her. I never took any pain relief, the pain was there for a reason. It was my punishment and I wasn't going to take the easy way out of a punishment.

"Maybe your new friend can change your mind." My mum said and nodded towards my bedroom door.

I rolled over to see Travis Black standing in my door way, his hair was messy and his eyes were filled with worry.

My mum left, whispering something to Travis on her way out.

"What did she say?" I asked.

Travis smirked. "She said to keep the door open and to try get you to take those painkillers."

I nodded then shook my head. "What time is it?" I asked.

"It's just after three in the morning." His voice sounded as if he had just woken up.

I looked at him confused. "What are you still doing here?"

Travis smiled and walked around to the other side of my bed. "I may or may not have refused to leave." He said, gentilly lowering himself onto my bed.

A strong blushed erupted through my face. What was this blimmin Travis Black doing to me?!

"Naomi?" Travis' voice now filled with worry. "Why won't you take the painkillers?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I don't want to." I said stubbornly.

"I know, Naomi, but you need to. It will take the pain away. Hence the name, painkillers." He reached out for my hand, but I pulled away, that didn't stop him from still grabbing it though.

For some reason I was glad he did. That blimmin Travis Black.

"I don't deserve to have the pain taken away." I confessed, my voice below a whisper.

"Oh, Naomi. Of course you deserve to have the pain taken away." Travis whispered and gently pulled me closer.

I shook my head. "No."

"Okay, okay, little miss stubborn. Is there anything I can do?" Travis smiled.

I shook my head again. "You need sleep." I said. His smile was contagious.

"Do you mind if I just lay here with you?" He asked.

I nodded. "Only if you go to sleep and let me sleep." I whispered.

Travis nodded and smiled. I pulled out of his hug, his eyes shot open, pain filling them. But then he nodded and the pain disappeared.

I watched as he fell asleep. I watched his chest rising and falling. For some reason sleep wouldn't come to me, I just stayed awake thinking about everything.

It must have been a few hours before I got up to go to the bathroom. I got up, did my business then washed my hands. I looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes traveled the length of the scar on my cheek. I then decided to look at the damage on my stomach. I lifted up my shirt to see myself covered in bruises, I haven't been like this in years, covered in bruises.

How could I let myself become so weak and frail? Since when did I have emotions? Since when do I tell people the truth about what happens? How could I let myself become like this?

I got out a fresh razor from the cabinet and decided on giving myself five wounds. One for leaving school. One for opening up to Travis....

The bathroom door burst open to reveal a very angry looking Travis. No he can't see me like this. I hid the two fresh wounds that I had just created and tried to hide the razor behind my back, only to have it drop on the ground and make a sound that I knew he wouldn't miss.

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, not wanted to see Travis' reaction to what he had just caught me doing.

How had he known what I was doing? Why did he burst in?

"Naomi?" travis' voice filled with hurt. "Why are you doing this? How could you do this to yourself?!" The more he talked, the angrier he got.

I flinched away from him and backed myself into a corner. "I needed punishing." I confessed under my breath, hoping like hell that he didn't hear me.

Travis sighed, confirming that he had heard me. "Naomi you don't need to be punished, you have done nothing wrong." Travis paused. "Am I allowed to bandage you up?" His voice went soft again, it was like he had gained control of himself again. Travis Black is one weird kid.

I nodded as tears slipped out of my eyes.

Travis picked me up and took me back to my bedroom. He sat me on the edge of my bed and walked back into the bathroom. He came back a few minutes later holding a first aid kit. I rolled my pants down off my hips, so that they were sitting on my waist. Travis sighed and began covering up my fresh wounds.

* * * * * 

Aww. 

So how was this chapter? Thoughts and ideas?

Comment and Vote.