Chapter Seven

I woke up, sun streaming through my curtains, strong warm arms wrapped around me protectively. For a brief moment I smiled, but then I remember how I had fallen asleep crying in Travis' arms, a blush quickly made its way to my face.

"You're cute when you blush." A southern voice whispered in my ear.

I looked up to see Travis staring down at me. I hid my face in his chest and groaned and these weird sparks that were erupting through my body, and this weird feeling I had when I was around him.

A loud knock came to my bedroom door, making me jump and pull away from Travis.

"I thought I told you to leave this door open?" My mum voice angrily, opening my door.

I cringed at how loud my mum was being and hid my face in my pillow.

"Travis, a word please?" My mu said, her voice quieter and much less angry.

I felt the bed move from Travis getting up, I heard his feet padding across the hardwood floors. Hushed voices soon were heard from the hallway, I heard my name occasionally making me lift my head slightly before burying it deeper into my pillow.

"Sweetheart, I'm off to work. I'll see you later. Stay with your new friend today, he will explain everything. Oh and can you please pick your brother up from school today? Love you." My mum voiced.

"Love you too." I said, my face still in my pillow.

A few minutes of silence followed before the bed dipped again and a warm body came up to my side. "Naomi." The way he said my voice, it was just.... Urgh I can't even explain it. But it gave me goose bumps, I liked the way he said my name. "Naomi, come on. It's time to get up."

I shook my head. "I wanna sleep." My voice was muffled by the pillow.

Travis chuckled. "I'm sorry what was that?"

I rolled onto my back and sighed. "I wanna sleep." I complained.

Travis chuckled again and ran his hand up my arm. "I know you do. But right now you need to get up and get ready. You can sleep in the car and you can have a big sleep later on. Okay?"

I leaned into his touch without realizing. "Why am I getting in the car? Where are we going?"

I watched Travis readjust his glasses on his face. "I'm taking you to school so that you can clean out your locker. Your mum has talked to the school, and she's decided that it's best if you get home schooled until you finish up with high school." Travis explained.

I nodded. "But why do I have to stay with you all day?" I asked confused.

"Cause I'm going to keep you safe." He stated with a proud smile.

"Am I aloud to pee alone? 'Cause me gots ta pee." I said and automatically blushed at what I had just said to him.

Travis chuckled and then frowned, as if remembering something painful. "Naomi, I don't know if that's such a great idea." He paused. "I mean, the last time I left you alone in the bathroom... well you... I just don't want you doing that anymore." He lifted his hand towards my face.

I automatically, out of instinct, backed away causing me to land on my rear on the ground with a thump. I groaned in pain.

Travis looked down at me from the bed and chuckled. "Having fun down there?"

I shook my head and stood up. I walked to my bedroom door before a hand on my waist stopped me.

Travis spun me around to face him. "Where do you think you're going?"

I blushed and looked at the floor. "To the bathroom." My voice came out as a whisper.

Travis pulled me closer to him and used his index finger to guide my chin up, so that I was looking at him. "I'll be right outside. Don't even think about doing anything you shouldn't, just in and out."

I nodded and walked into the bathroom to do my business. I washed my hands and gave my hair a quick brush before tying it in a messy bun. I wash my face. I stand in front of the mirror looking at myself. I looked at the cabinet and shook my head, not while Travis is here.

I opened the bathroom door to see Travis leaning on the wall opposite me. He smiled at me and I returned the smile.

"Go get dressed and grab your bags, I'll meet you down at the car." Travis said before walking away.

I nodded to myself and walked back into my room. I walked over to my drawers and rummaged through my clothes, trying to find something to wear. Since when did I care about what I wear and how I look? Why can't I find a blimmin thing to wear?

I groaned and decided on a grey skivvy and a pair of black jeans. I put them on then grabbed my shoes and socks. I was almost finished tying my laces when there was a knock at the door.

"Yeah?" I said.

The door opened to reveal Travis. He had changed his clothes, he was now wearing black jeans, a red and black checkered button up and a denim jacket. "Hey, just me. Just wanted to let you know that it's clouded over today, so wear a scarf and a hat aye?" Travis suggested.

I nodded. After finishing up with my laces, I walked back to my drawers. I pulled out a thick burgundy infinity scarf and turned back to Travis. "I don't have a hat." I said putting my scarf on.

Travis walked over to me. "You look really nice." He said with a smile.

* * * * * 

So..... what did you think?

Comment and vote :)