3

After finally beating the elite four again for the third time now, you sat down on the throne, exhausted by all the fights lately and awaited for the next challenger to battle and defend your title. Of course, it was the job for the champion to get challenged by trainers all over the world. But (Name) still didn't understand why she always had to beat the elite four all over again.

Sighing, she shifted herself in a more comfortable position and waited. Good thing her Pokémon were still fine after three rough battles.

Her eyes looked around the hall she was in right now. She smiled, as she remembered the battle against prof. Kukui. It actually was a quite interesting battle. He almost took her down, but thankfully Primarene could handle the situation.

(Name)s attention was drawn to a sound of footsteps. It belonged to a boy. He seemed to frown and placed one hand on his waist. She widened her eyes, when she saw him.

Gladion.

She saw his body tensing. He cleared his throat and spoke up.

"What does a Pokémon Trainer really need to be successful?"

She stood up and walked towards him, her (E/C) eyes not looking away from his emerald ones. She stopped a few meters across him, on the battle ground.

"I think", (Name) began to tell her view about his question, "If you want to be successful, you should not battle against Trainers for just aiming to get stronger. It's about the experience and memories you make with your Pokémon."

Gladion closed his eyes.

"I guess everyone might have their own answer. But for me..", He stopped and opened his eyes again. His expression seems more serious, as he locked his gaze again with hers.

"I want the strongest rival for myself."

She had a weird feeling inside her body. What she thought about is, what he meant by 'strongest rival for myself'. He would always call her a rival, but if she's the strongest rival of all he knew, she didn't know. Why was she skeptical about it anyway?

She raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean; for myself?"

He frowned again, but now with a smirk. "You'll see. Let's battle."

(Name)s pulled out her first Pokéball from her bag. Gladion called out his Crobat and (Name) called out her Alola Raichu. Raichu has a very high initiative stat. That means, she could make the first move.

- Time skip -

"All I have to do is avoid making any more mistakes

"All I have to do is avoid making any more mistakes... After all, I have Silvally with me." Gladion said, after (Name) had defeated him once again. She called back her Pokémon and smiled, thanking him for the wonderful battle.

He stayed silent for a whole minute, before talking again. "Losing can teach you a lot, you know. I learn a lot from it.. Losing just helps you see how to get stronger." He paused and looked deeply into her orbs. Those orbs, who seemed to be shining like stars in the night.