Chapter 4

After Lynn left I tried to process everything I had heard, ocean goddess, queen of the sirens, broken? This seems all unreal, but it is real, I should be scared but I lost all emotional feelings such a long time ago. I kept going over these thoughts until I slowly drifted into the black.

Dream
I woke up on a white surface, unsure of where I was and rubbed my eyes, when I opened them I saw the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, she had midnight black hair covered in shells, eyes that looked like the ocean on a gloomy day. She was flawless. Suddenly she smiled at me.

"You know I can hear your thoughts, dear one" she said so alluringly.

I felt my cheeks burn a bit, I knew I was blushing already

"You must be wondering why you turned into a siren. I changed you, like your friend Lynn said. I found potential in you, and so did my sister, the moon goddess"

She strode towards me gracefully and leaned down to my height, and cupped my face with her silky soft hands.

"I saw the broken soul yearning to be freed, I never saw one of my children so broken and hurt, all those students in your school, Lynn was the only one there for you, but you were so broken that she couldn't even fix you, not even a nixie."

She stood up tall again, and smiled sadly

"You, child, the broken siren, you will be the most powerful being in the whole ocean, alongside me, you can turn back into human on land, but still maintain your powers, which to make it fun you'll need to figure out, unfortunately your magic will wane the longer you're out of water. They will become stronger near the ocean. Any water that touches your skin will make you change in 15 seconds out of the ocean, so be wary of that"

I looked down at my feet, I will be new again..

She lifted my chin to face her, her eyes sparkling

"You can do this Narissa, I didn't make you queen for nothing, I'll be with you, just call my name, Reina"

Dream ends

I woke up with a desire to go to the ocean, a strong pull from it. I stood up from my bed and got into my ice blue bikini, funny how my favorite color is ice blue, and I'm a siren, a creature that lives in the ocean.
I straightened my hair and put on winged waterproof eyeliner. I went downstairs to make some brunch

I made some scrambled eggs, few strips of bacon, and mashed potatoes. I ate in silence while I looked out to the ocean in pure bliss, something about it seems so alluring than before, more tranquil. Once I finished I grabbed my dark blue towel and head out the door, I just wanted to feel the waters surround me and engulf every part of my body.

I reached the shore and looked out to the smooth, silent waters, not a cloud in the sky. I shut my eyes and breathed in the fresh ocean breeze.

'Come to me, child' a voice echoed in my head.

I looked around quickly, wondering who said that, then I realized it was probably Reina, I shrugged it off eventually and walked into the ocean, I sighed in peace as I felt the waves crash against my legs, I felt so happy for once like I was untouchable, I felt loved, a feeling that I never truly felt.
Suddenly I felt water streaming up my legs becoming warmer by the second, it started to burn, very badly, my eyes began to water as I saw the water swirl around my legs faster, until the burning ceased, I looked down at my supposed legs, and saw a tail, it was ice blue, with dark blue at the fins, it was around 6 feet long. I looked at my arms to see that there were thin fins dangling on my forearms, I poked it and shivered.

I looked into the shimmering ocean and gasped at my new appearance. I had clear yellow eyes, brown, smooth hair with tiny streaks of red, my eyeliner was now fuller and winged out more and gills on either side of my neck, and a golden headpiece. I looked out and swallowed a lump in my throat. This is my new life, I can't turn back now.

I looked back at my home on land, feeling complete disgust and hate with it, I looked at the ocean and felt loved, complete, and happiness. I knew now that the only real option was the ocean.

I dived in and opened my eyes, it looked crystal clear, unlike the other times I swam in the ocean, I can see everything clearly, dolphins squeaking, schools of fish swimming, it was magnificent, so much more alive and beautiful than the land above. I breathed in the water and surprisingly it felt like breathing in air, I guess thanks to my newly acquired gills.

I kept swimming deeper for a few hours not once getting tired, but I thought I could rest for just a little while, I looked to my side and saw a huge elegant castle, I couldn't help but swim towards it, it got bigger as it came more into view, it was made out of pure gold, geez if this was on land people would risk their sanity to break in. I swam up to the entrance and was greeted by two guards, both holding giant halberds, and both looked directly towards me with wide eyes.

"Your highness" they bowed with respect.
They drew back their weapons signaling I can pass. I looked at my surrounding, to say I was shocked would be an understatement, sirens were arranging everything, dusting, decorating, cooking, you name it.

They all tensed up when they saw my presence, they immediately bowed low towards me.

"Rise, all of you" I said in a voice that I did not recognize.

All of the sirens straightened up and looked towards me as if awaiting a command.

"Continue what you were doing" I said a little less demanding.

They all resumed to what they were working on. Some sirens still looking my way, I sighed quietly and swam into the castle more. I spotted a girl around my age swimming up to me.

"Your highness, welcome to the Ocean Kingdom! We have been awaiting your arrival" she said in a chirpy tone.

Huh, sweet

"I will be escorting you throughout your castle, Queen Narissa" she bowed respectfully

I nodded for her to move on. She swam ahead of me.

I will be liking this new life, that's for sure.