Chapter 16

I woke up the next day and sighed, I thought to myself that I need to check out the books to find out what's so special about that siren Keira, I got up and done my morning routine and swam out of my room, I swam down to the library, I looked all around in front of me, piles and rows of books, this will be a while. I searched through the books and shook my head when I couldn't find what I was looking for, lots of them are about creatures and the dangers of land.

After about 2 hours of looking around the library, I found the book that I've been looking for, 'Special daughters of the Sea' I pulled it out and swiped off the algae on the book, it hasn't been touched for a while it seems, I opened up the book and cringed at the slime built up on the pages, I turned them towards the sections of multi-colored tailed sirens, I scanned with my fingers, I felt a sharp pain piercing through my chest, and a faint whisper in my mind, 'I'm sorry I lied dear one, it was to protect your identity...' Reina? What does she mean? I turned the page and saw the title.

'Keira and Gina Maris, Daughters of Tethys and Oceanus, Gina being the oldest becoming next in line for Queen of the Sirens, but both daughters having the same impressive strength'.

I shook my head and turned the pages over and over, while having the pain in my chest worsen as I go along, I turned to my page, 'Queen Narissa of the Sirens, Daughter of Poseidon, God of the waters, earthquakes, and horses, our Queen has been sent away from our underwater kingdom by Poseidon to protect her from harm by the Werewolf King, Scar. Poseidon couldn't kill the King, for that will interfere with his oath on the River Styx, and he was not to twist that oath, unless he is to mess with its Goddess, He then turned his daughter into a human, but he could only let her stay in that form until she was 16, then she would only turn into a human temporarily on land, not much is known about the reasoning for why the Alpha King wants her, our Ocean Goddess, Reina, and her brother, Poseidon are the only beings capable of the knowledge behind why she was taken from her home'

I closed the book with shaky hands and the pain in my chest subsiding, if I was a human again I knew I would've had tears running down my cheeks, I was hurt, confused, and most of all, betrayed, my parents knew? Or didn't they? My 'parents' weren't my real parents, my 'brother' wasn't my real brother, Lynn was the first to tell me I was a queen, I'm sure she knew too, no wonder I had pain, but now it wasn't just physical pain, it's now emotional, the next minute I knew, I was drifting away.

Dream

I looked over my shoulder, and saw Reina alone, the waves were crashing over her, I swam to her and she knelt down to me, she held her hand over my forehead and I was in a trance.

I saw myself, but I was a little girl, very little, with a tail. I was swimming around happily in a huge golden kingdom in the night, my kingdom, I saw a tall man, on a throne, he looked happy, powerful, and godlike, I saw myself swimming to him and sat on his lap, hugging him, we both looked..happy and carefree, "I love you daddy" The little me said with such joy in her voice, "I love you too my seashell" he said back, but something in the man looked tense, I could barely see it, but his eyes held pain, I saw myself yawning, the man picked me up and carried me..to my room, the room that I've been in all along, I saw him making a trident appear out of a funnel of water, "daddy? Why do you have that long fork? Are you still hungry?" Little me asked him, he smiled faintly and put it over my little head, "drift peacefully my child" then I fell limp, I looked dead. He picked me up once more and swam out of the kingdom with me on his arm, He got to a shore I know so well, and he laid me gently on it, just where the water is still touching my tail, he hovered his trident over my tail and it suddenly melted into two legs, I widened my eyes at the sight, he then knelt down, looking defeated, I heard him whispering: ''Hestia, please look after her, find her a home, keep watch until she comes back once knows who she truly is''

Dream ends

I woke up suddenly and I looked at my surroundings, my servants had me in my bed with a cold cloth on my forehead, the only words I could muster were:

"Daddy..."