Chapter 11

I looked around the store, my eyes almost bulging out of their sockets, I haven't been to a mall in ages, I barely went when I was human since I hated people, it was already overwhelming and terrifying, yea call me a coward but I wouldn't be able to spend hours here. I groaned as my mate dragged me through the big crowd, she tried her best not to bump me into people, but she failed miserably.

Finally after what felt like forever she squealed at a store that I couldn't see through the dumb humans, she pulled me through and pointed at the store she was squealing at, once I saw it I gagged, La Senza. I slumped as she dragged me to that hell, I didn't even need bras and underwear, not like I'm going to rent a house or whatever...but I guess it would be weird not to have undergarments at school, I don't miss land.

After a while of Persephone searching for the right bra and size for me, she finally found a very dark blue lacy bra, she held it up to my chest and a glimmer of mischief appeared in her eyes. "Try this one Narissa" she said in a playful tone, I glared at her, like if looks can kill she would be in hell right now, but I wouldn't wish that upon my mate. I snatched it from her grasp and looked for a change room, I could feel eyes on me, and nasty ones too. Once I found the rooms, I saw a young girl about 20 hanging up 'clothes' I walked towards her and tapped her on the shoulder, huh, human girl.

She looked over her shoulder and ran her eyes up and down my attire with disgust, stupid girl don't look at me like that, you'd be just bones right now. "Uhm may I help you?" She had her hand on her hip, still looking at my seaweed clothes with distaste, I pointed to one of the rooms and raised my eyebrow, she should know already, I'm not wasting my breath on this girl.

She sighed and lead me towards a free room and let me in and shut the door, I felt the lace on the bra slowly and my eye twitches, who the hell wears this stuff? Why can't people be free in their skin and not worry about being judged about what they look like, in our world under the water we don't care if girls have no bras, we don't care if anyone is shirtless, we be who we are, we aren't some horndogs either, but I suppose it makes sense because we live underwater.

I peeled off my seaweed and tried on the bra and surprisingly it fit me perfectly, but it felt so gross and caged, it doesn't feel that good, it's not that comfortable, but it's not like I'm going to wear this often. I sighed, I don't want to impress or attract anyone either, guys seem like such pigs, I hate them, after my time spent luring sailors from their ships, I got disgusted with men. I am glad the Moon Goddess paired me up with Persephone.

I heard Persephone knock on my door, I opened it a crack and found her right at my face, she waved me out of the change room, I rolled my eyes and walked out in front of her, I don't even know how it looks, mermaids or sirens wear seashell bras when we go to formalities, other times we just let our scales cover them. Persephone looked up and down at me and I swear she bit her lip slightly, I laughed and pushed her a bit, she shook her head and smirked. "I have a goddess for a mate'' I heard her mumble, I laughed at that, cheesy, but sweet nonetheless.

I walked back into the change room and removed the bra and wrapped the seaweed around my chest again. I walked back out to her and smiled a bit, she pulled me to the cash register and paid for the bra, and somehow when I was changing she found matching underwear, this girl is something,
we walked out of the store and she dragged me along to a few more sections of hell.

After MANY hours, I lost count, she finally pulled me out of the mall with a huge grin on her face, while I have loads of bags on my hands and arms, how she got the money I have no idea, this could be worth hundreds of dollars. "We missed school today, I'm sorry" she scratched the back of her neck with a goofy grin, looking like she wasn't sorry at all.

She perked up and clapped her hands "let's go to my place and we can mix and match your new clothes so we can get you looking F-A-B tomorrow and I can show you off to the entire school'' She held my hand and we were off, I thought I would've passed out by now.