Chapter 32

Narissa's POV

I swam with Ebb in tow, irritated that my shopping date has been canceled, how could Ebb not know where her lake was? She should be able to sense it, can she not? I'm not sure, whatever. I looked behind me to see her watching her surroundings intently, she also looked like she was in excruciating pain, that's what happens when you break the rules, my spell only lasts for a week, if it was any longer, my powers would wane, if she doesn't get back to her lake this week, the pain will get so bad that she won't be able to move, it will paralyze her body.
~~

We swam for a couple more hours, her lake was far from that shore, she should be grateful for what I've done for her. We arrived at the island with the dryads and her lake, she smiled faintly at me and gestured me around the place, I sighed as I followed her, thinking she'd need assistance with her condition, she disappeared out of my line of vision but I quickly swam after her.

That was the worst mistake I ever made. I felt chains attach to the base of my tail, and not any kinds of chains, they were celestial. It started burning my tail, I knew my scales were peeling off, I screeched at the sensation, I whipped my head and hissed at the one who chained me, I saw a tall, muscular guy towering over a motor boat, his golden eyes piercing through me, I bared my fangs at him, my vampiric form taking over. I saw his jaw clench, my fangs growing longer. Unfortunately I am almost powerless with these chains restraining me, I can only try to scare him away. I looked behind him and saw Ebb, she was chained to the boat's front, I was chained to the back, she was looking down at the water, seemingly in regret, I knew she did this, led me here to get caught. The man smiled at me, "you're coming with me, I'm not killing you without my whole pack watching the siren queen's death, I will explain who I am there" he said, his voice sounded heavy and dark "And of course the killing of your traitorous mermaid" he finally spat out. He grabbed my hands harshly and chained them. He then took out a syringe out of his pocket, I hissed and thrashed in the water, a tear slipped down my cheek as he injected the liquid into my neck.

All I could think of before I blacked out, was Persephone.