Chapter 25

Warning: kind of graphic content

Me and Persephone both stared up at the sky, which was now cleared, my tail swishing back and forth in the crystal blue water. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain strike up my body like lightning, I hissed in pain and clenched my fists, I shook my head in denial, 'not yet, not yet...' I thought, I then realized that Persephone could hear and feel what I felt, she doubled over in pain as well and started to sweat, she felt my pain, but I couldn't feel hers, since she hasn't marked me yet, I had to in this case, I think at least she would want to mark me without pressure. I held her in my arms while she whimpered, the blood frenzy was coming up, and when that happens, every siren in the ocean has a hunger like never before, we wreck havoc everywhere we go, I am the worst because I'm the queen, no siren comes near me, if they do I kill and feed on them, it's not something I enjoy, killing my own kind, normal sirens don't hunt others since their frenzies aren't that vicious, for me I can't have my mate near me, I whimpered at that thought. The sun was setting, and the blood moon will dawn soon, it's ironic that my mark on Persephone's neck is that of a blood moon, I dreaded the fact that I'd need to leave soon in a little bit. I don't want Persephone to see me at my peak, unfortunately for her she will feel my hunger, not as strong though, but she will definitely feel the need to feed on more humans.

"I can't stay for much longer, but listen to me, try to resist feeding more than you do on a regular night, I need you to fight that urge with your life" I said and flashed my eyes blue

Persephone nodded and kissed my forehead, I sighed and looked towards the sky. I heard a scream come from the forest, I recognized it as Shelly's, she must've felt the blood frenzy about to start, her mate was not far away, looking at her with a worried expression.

"Queen Narissa, the frenzy is tonight, you need to leave your mate, or it'll end in a blood shed you do not wanna see" she said with urgency in her voice, I nodded and pointed to the ocean urging her to leave now, she obeyed, not wanting to stay to get torn to shreds by me.

Persephone looked at me confused, wondering what Shelly meant by blood shed, I groaned, not looking forward to telling her, but she has the right to know now.

"The blood frenzy, the one dreaded night us sirens hate the most, I'm sure you vampires get them too, but sirens get it worse, every year on a blood moon, sirens get the urge to feast on any creature or anyone for that matter, we specifically look for sailors, but sirens from around the world scour beaches for swimmers to feast on, its a brutal site but that's how it is, since I'm queen I have it worse, if anything the urge is so strong I'll even feast on other sirens, if they dare confront me, since I marked you you'll have a blood frenzy of your own, except a bit more intense, which I'm sorry for" I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair while checking for her reaction, she bit her lip and closed her eyes for a moment.

I didn't realize but the night has dawned upon us already, and the moon was beginning to appear, my eyes flashed bright glowing blue, I shut my eyes and opened them, hunger was getting to me already, and I looked over to Persephone to see that her eyes were getting darker, I had to leave, before we both kill each other, I hugged her quickly, she then pulled away with a worried look.

"I love you Narissa, be careful, and I will too" she then sped off, she was gone in less than a blink of an eye, I cringed at the light of the moon, I swam towards a nearby rock and sighed, 'this is it' I thought.

I dove down into the ocean and sped by kelp and rocks, I looked around me to find my first bite, I hissed and swam faster when I heard a motor boat, I popped my head out with my fangs and eyes on full display, I saw a young man fishing, while whistling to himself, I swam up and out of the water and caught him in my arms, I saw the look of fear in my arms as his body trembled, I laughed and tore at his skin as I dug my fangs into his neck, ripping his throat out, I savoured every moment, my taste buds on fire as I devoured him to the bone, I threw his remains for the piranhas to feast on.

I smirked and raised my head up to the moon and hissed wildly at it as my eyes flashed pitch black as my fangs shown on full display.

This night, the ocean will turn red.