Chapter 27

I panted as the blood moon set, I finished Veronica's group off, only their bones remained, and I just finished a man on the shore for my final meal. Normally after a blood moon sirens don't eat for a few days, but we still kill, by drowning. 

Blood slid down my chin, towards my neck, I sighed out into the sky, I felt peaceful, and hopefully my sirens had their fill for the night. I rested on the sand as the water lapped my fins, covering me in their embrace, I hummed in contentment, I watched the sun rise in the horizon, just as I thought this couldn't get any better, I felt uneasy about something, it wasn't pleasant to say the least, it might be my mate.

''Persephone?? What happened? I had a bad feeling something was up, are you okay?'' I had a hint of panic in the link, and my breathing was hitched, there was a pause before I could faintly hear her voice. ''Hunter, he found me, while I was on my way to the beach since I sensed you close and blood coming from the beach, I managed to speed away, but I have almost no energy left so I'm limping, I'm almost there, but I'm fading quickly'' she then cut off the link, likely unwillingly, she was coming, I'll have to heal her again, I hissed at the fact a hunter found her, the waves roared in front of me. 

After a few minutes of waiting, I saw her limping, I gasped at the sight, behind her she was leaving a trail of blood, coming from her stomach, her legs were quivering, struggling to keep her upright, I formed my legs quickly and stood up, racing to her side just in time, she toppled and I caught her, holding her close, her face was as white as snow, she sighed out my name and glanced towards me, she smirked and wiped off some dried blood on my chin, I lifted her up and sped towards the water, I laid her on the surface, I hovered my hands over her wound, since this wound was larger, and it's in one spot, I need to focus on it, I whispered a phrase, my voice going a few octaves lower, ''Therapéfste tin agápi mou,tin pligí pou échei to sóma tis'' (A/N: Heal my love, heal the wound that has her body) I rested my hands on her stomach gently while water flowed up my body, to my arms and hands, to her body, gently trickling into her wound, mending it with ease, closing it up, I tried to focus on it without tearing up, I hated seeing my love in these conditions.

I healed her fully, she will just feel a bit sore for a while. She woke up and looked at her stomach, she sighed in relief and hugged me, I couldn't hold it any longer and let the tears stream down my face, I did this to her, I should've marked her after the blood moon, how can I be so stupid? Persephone pulled away and looked into my eyes intently, ''Don't you dare think that, look, I'm not dead, I don't go down that easily, you out of all the people, should know that'' She winked at me and nudged my arm, I rolled my eyes and caressed cheek.

Persephone offered to take me to her place again, since we had school in the morning, who am I to turn that offer down?

While we were walking, I felt a pair of eyes looking behind me, I quickly turned my gaze towards the water, but nothing.