Chapter 43

Persephone's POV 

I waited for Narissa at the shoreline, my nerves were on end. I hated how our past caught up to us like this, but no one can change it, this is how our lives ended up as much as it hurts, this might be the last day I will be alive, or Narissa's last day alive, it sounds weird but I don't want anybody dying, not even my cold-hearted brother. 

I saw Narissa's head surface from the water, she glowed like a goddess. I don't know if my mind was playing tricks on me but I saw a very faded image of the ocean goddess walking on the water right behind Narissa, looking otherworldly, but she faded away quickly. I ran up to Narissa to help her up, she clung onto my arms and I squinted and how tightly she grasped me, my fangs were coming out a bit, unintentionally. I dragged her onto the sand and her tail split into legs, I handed her some clothes that I brought from home for her to change into, she quickly put them on and sighed out.

''I may have had too much to eat, Reina helped me out finding some humans to munch on, on the way here'' She flashed her fangs at me and winked, I rolled my eyes. ''Oh and sorry for gripping you too hard, that's my strength when I'm at my best, so basically that's a normal grip for humans in my eyes'' I blinked, she was that strong, huh?

I heard several splashes out in the water, I looked out into the horizon and saw hundreds of siren's tails, all dark shades swimming gracefully towards us, I looked at Narissa and the corner of her lips lifted in a half smirk. ''This wouldn't be a war, unless my sirens were to join'' She looked over her shoulder, bared her fangs and let out this blood curdling hiss, making my ears ring, in return the sirens let out their own, if I was human my ears would've bled. 

Narissa turned her head back to me, but this time her eyes were pitch black, she looked amazing, and she's mine. ''Cover your ears, my love'' She whispered, I raised an eyebrow, but I suddenly got the hint, the sirens one by one dragged themselves out of the water, and loud screeches echoed through the trees, I widened my eyes and covered my ears to the best of my ability, I shook at the sounds. 

Narissa nuzzled my neck and I began to calm down, the screeches lasted for around 20 seconds, but I'm glad it is over, all of them were nude on the beach. Narissa turned towards them and raised her hands to the sky, water from the ocean slithered its ways to the sirens quickly, and wrapped their bodies, it formed into dresses for them, it covered their bodies alright. 

I heard howls from the distance, in the direction of the forest, the moon was almost at its peak. This is what we have all been waiting for.