Chapter 14

After school I waited outside a classroom door for Persephone to finish, I sighed as I needed to go back home, I need to check on my kingdom and hopefully I'll see Shelly, I missed her. I finally saw Persephone walk out the door and I gave her a hug, normally this is never seen by me, but since she is my mate I will do anything to give her a hug, I felt her arm slide around my waist and her face burying into my neck.

''I need to go back home for the night'' I said with a tone of sadness, I would grant her a tail to come visit, but she has homework she has to finish.

''I'll give you a lift, let's go outside first'' she said with the same tone, except a bit sadder.

We walked outside the exit, when I noticed a flyer on a tree nearby, I walked towards it and ripped it off, the poor tree. I read the flyer and my eyes went wide and I opened my mouth to let my fangs elongate slightly, it was me, the flyer has a picture of me, before I was turned that night, I had more dull features, I didn't even smile in this picture, not like I really did in pictures, Persephone looked shocked, and turned to face me, she gave me a hug and sighed, she kept silent.

''Someday..I will tell you'' I whispered and walked behind the tree

She nodded and I hopped on to her back and rested my head on her shoulder, I could feel her transforming and hear her teeth elongate, I smirked and held her tight, we were off. I felt her arms strengthen around my legs and heard her hiss ever so quietly, I lifted my head from her shoulder, I then knew it was getting warmer, and I could see her skin burn off, I felt her run faster than ever, she wasted no time.

We arrived at the beach and she fell down to her knees and transformed back, I got off her and held her face gently, I slowly transformed my features except for my tail, I carried her to the ocean, when I was waist deep a whirlpool surrounded my body and I saw my legs turn into my ice blue tail, fins appearing on my arms and my gills appearing, I squinted at the pain it always brings me. I laid Persephone in the water and raised my arm into the sky, I commanded the skies to turn cloudy and for lightning to strike, it helps me concentrate a spell, the water around my mate submerged her, I focused my energy on her, healing her face, body, and her strength, at this point she was passed out, I saw her heal up quickly, after a flash of lightning, I saw her emerge out on top of the water, her features brighter than ever now, I made the storm vanquish as I held her to my body, I swam towards the sand and rested her there, I kept my tail in the water and swished it around, waiting for her to wake.

I awoke to finding Persephone in front of me with a look of joy on her face, next thing I knew she wrapped her warm arms around me, I held her close and smiled. ''You were out for quite a while Narissa, you shouldn't have done that, I would've healed up in a while'' I shook my head, ''I wanted to heal you, I didn't want to wait'' I let her go and smiled, when I noticed her staring at my tail in fascination, I nodded slightly and she rested her hand on it, I shivered a bit, she pulled back quickly and looked at me worriedly, I pushed myself off the shore and smiled.

''I will come over later tonight, I just need to check up on my kingdom'' I saw her sulk a bit, I kissed her cheek and dove into the ocean, feeling free once again, I swam in deeper and deeper, usually it would be darkness from how deep I swam, but I can see clear as day, after about 30 minutes my kingdom came into view, I swam towards the palace doors and waved my guard's halberds away, the guards acknowledged me and removed their halberds, I swam in and saw Shelly swim full speed towards me and tackled me to the seabed, guards came swimming in and saw us on the ground, I ushered them away and they bowed, excusing themselves.

''Finally you are back, I'm sorry I tried looking for you at school, but couldn't catch a glimpse of you'' Shelly said looking down.

''It's fine, I hated that place anyways, I guess we just have different classes, I missed ya girl'' I said as I slapped her with my fin.

Shelly flinched and rolled her eyes, I laughed and swam to my throne, I sat down gently and looked around my kingdom, everything seemed well, until suddenly I heard a commotion at the entrance, all the sirens swam towards what sounds like yelps and whines, I covered my ears and got out of my throne, I then unleashed my sonic scream to silence everyone, guards and every other siren bowed right at the scream, only one didn't bow down, and it was a girl, she looked beat up, most likely from my guards, but NONE should have beaten down another siren without my consent, I beckoned the two guards holding the girl towards me, they straightened up and swam towards me, dragging the girl along with them.

''My Queen, thank goodness you have came back to us, this siren was found on a nearby shore with a scent of a human boy, this is a forbidden love!'' The guard boomed, the girl was weeping at the sound of his strict voice, that made my blood boil.

''Guard, you shall never raise your voice at your queen, and second of all, is he her mate?'' I raised my voice even higher

The guard nodded his head in disgust ''as disturbing as it sounds, yes, a siren in love with a foul human, what shall we do with her, your highness?''

I sighed and swam in front of the girl, her head down ''raise your head, girl'' I said, she raised it slowly, tears rolling down her black eyes, her hair was a brown mess, her tail was a light orange mixed with a cotton candy blue color, that was..odd, no siren has a fully mixed color tail, I must read about this, see if it means something.

The girl in front of me looked worn down, her tail had blood dripping down, but it should have healed by now, it only meant one thing, she was cut by a celestial blade, those blades will kill, weaken, or cut any siren, I spotted my guard's blade, it was covered with blood, my eyes turned into black orbs and waved them off, they bowed and left, I will take care of her myself, I dismissed everyone and they dispersed, I led the siren into my room without any watchers, I rested her on my bed and sighed.

''What happened?'' I asked the girl and cringed at her bloody tail.

''I was seeing my mate, he is a pirate, I met him a week ago, and we've been seeing each other at night every night, I thought I could get away with it, but as you can see I couldn't, it isn't my fault he is my mate, we were destined to be together, he...is the descendant of the legendary pirate, Blackbeard''

One of the most ruthless pirates in history...