Chapter 47

Narissa's POV

I looked down at my mate's body, paler than normal, lifeless. I stared up at Scar, I felt everything, I felt the death of Persephone, the suffering of Lynn, the years I was bullied, I felt it all in one moment. I felt power surge through me, strength flowing through my veins as I stared at the cold hearted murderer.

''Damn, what useless mates we had, huh?'' Scar laughed, his menacing smile making me angrier than the minute.

''But don't worry, for you will join them yours soon'' He came at me with his knife, but I dodged it swiftly, and just in time before it reached my throat, my energy was radiating through me, he wasted his when he fought the sirens. I grabbed him by the throat tightly and flung him into the ocean, I hissed and ran into the water quickly and started to shift. I saw him about to get out, but I grabbed his legs and pulled him under harshly. 

''You don't deserve this, even if it's for the vengeance of your father'' I bared my fangs and lunged my claws into his chest and ripped out his heart, he immediately went limp and I dragged him out of the water to present my victory to the Gods. I dropped him in front of them. I didn't really care at that point, I walked towards my mate, grabbing her hand and whimpered. I may have won the war, but I lost the greatest treasure of all.  

I had so much rage and hurt in me, and I couldn't take it out on anyone, my heart ached for her to come back, my mark was burning intensely. The Gods came to me and knelt down, I heaved and shook, I wanted to kill everyone, I felt alone. Styx rested her hand on my shoulder.

''You are the victor in this war, Narissa. I know it pains you to lose your mate. Nothing can be done now, but someone can ease your pain just a tad bit.'' 

The moon glowed brightly, I saw Luna emerge from the moon itself and disappeared in a flash of light then reappeared in front of me, a look of sadness came across her face. 

''I'm so sorry my star, no one could have predicted this outcome except the Fates and Nike, but Nike had no control over who won, the Fates told her who would, and she is forbidden to tell a soul until the outcome occurs. Fortunately vampires are children of the night, so I can help you out, for just a few seconds.'' Luna lightly tapped my mark, it glowed brightly and a shiver went down my spine and I closed my eyes, I felt light and carefree but that quickly went away. I opened my eyes again and saw Persephone, not her body, but a transparent version of her, we were both in the night sky filled with stars.

My eyes started to pool with tears, Persephone smiled brightly at me and engulfed me with a hug, I felt all my worries go away, I wrapped my arms around her and surprisingly it felt like her actual body. 

''We will see each other again, I promise. For now while you are alive, I will visit you in your dreams. Until then, my love.'' She faded as she let go of me.

I felt the heavy weight of my body again as I regained consciousness. I shook my head and stood up. I saw Persephone's body dissipate into the sky slowly, my future just gone like that, a bright and happy future. Gone, in a matter of seconds.