Chapter 29

Narissa's Dream

I blinked and I was greeted by the familiar clear water and white background, I squinted as I caught sight of Reina, she was then consumed by a large column of water, then reappeared behind me, grabbing my shoulders, I got a chill sent up my spine making me shudder, I felt her sadness, a sadness I knew all too well, nevertheless, I was worried, I had every right to be.

''Very soon you will be fighting a war, a war that I cannot aid you in, it's your own war, and he will be coming, for your blood, if he gets his hands on your blood and heart, only Fate knows what's in store, but I can tell you it will not be pretty'' Reina whispered, that almost made me heart stop, I felt weak, like when I was human. What was she talking about?

''This fate was sealed long before you were born, you cannot temper fate, your destiny has been determined, and I am sorry for what is to come, for he is a savage, bloodthirsty beast, this world is cruel, but only because people make it out to be. I don't have time to explain what this war will be about, but I will tell you what, turn to page 1,019 in 'The Book of Prophesy' it will tell you what you seek. I will wish you luck when the time comes, be warned, it approaches fast. You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you" She then faded out, and I was too.

Dream ends

I woke up and sat up quickly, making myself dizzy, I noticed my fangs were out, I forced them back in when I noticed Persephone was sitting next to me with a worried look, I gripped the bed sheets and accidentally tore into them, Persephone pulled me into her and whispered calming words to ease my stress, and I could hear her faintly say ''It was just a bad dream'' But I knew, this dream was nothing to take lightly.

I kissed her cheek and sat upright, I told her about my dream while my throat was forming a lump with every word I said. She looked at the bed and her eyes were flashing between her natural grey to red, and vice versa,

I put my hand on top of hers, to reassure everything will be okay, I wanted her to at least think that, even if I wasn't all too sure. She grabbed me and cried into my shoulder, I know she didn't want to lose me, like I didn't want to lose her. She's my everything in this dreary world.

''I'm fighting with you'' She mumbled into my shoulder, I shook my head and gripped her shoulders to look into her eyes, they were her blood red color, I saw a drop of blood slide down her cheek, she was crying blood.

''I won't let you fight a war that I know I can help you win, besides, I won't let my mate die without me by her side'' Her voice was different, it was like a demon was talking, I must admit, she does sound scary.

I sighed at her stubbornness, she was cute, yet feisty, and I love that about her, so I complied, much to my dismay. I remembered I had to read the book Reina told me about, hopefully it gave answers, but first I had to go to school. I got dressed into some black ripped jeans and a red cropped hoodie, I do need to go shopping, which I will do after I read the book.

Persephone gave me a lift, I was so glad I didn't have to ride that dirty old bus again, what a relief. As soon as I got there the bell had rung, I rolled my eyes as the students went in, like inmates getting called into their cells.  

After school

I saw so many missing posters from those girls I ended up eating on the blood moon, same with the boys, it was the talk of the day, so we didn't end up doing much, which I ain't complaining, it's a win-win situation for me. I waited for Persephone to get out of class, in a few seconds she appeared with a girl by her side, she looked ratchet, Persephone didn't look too happy to be bombarded by her stupid words, but once she saw me outside, her face lit up and smiled, she waved the girl off, not even looking her direction and headed towards me, she kissed me and sighed heavily. ''How I wish I could just drain that girl, but we wouldn't want anymore missing posters, now do we?'' We laughed and headed out hand in hand.

We headed out to the beach, since I had to look for the book of prophesy, I saw Persephone look down at the sand, I knelt down in front of her and gently held both of her hands, she looked at me and frowned. ''I want to spend more time with you, and this whole war thing makes it even more difficult, I miss you Narissa'' She said and looked into my eyes, she looked hurt and worried about the future, the possibility of not having one, when the war comes.

I thought, maybe she can come with me, to read the book together, and to spend more time with each other, she can see the world under the ocean. ''Come with me, it's about time you seen my kingdom anyways'' I said with a smile, I could see her eyes light up at my comment and she nodded.

''This will hurt a little, because my magic will open newly formed gills, but once it starts, it won't stop until the gills are fully formed, I'm warning you now, love'' I pushed her hair back over her shoulders to expose her neck, in order for this to hurt less than it has to, she needs to be under the water. I guided her into the waves, the water welcoming her back. ''You have to be submerged, if you don't wish for this to hurt more, just hold your breath, it'll be over soon'' She nodded and followed me deeper into the water.

My tail formed underneath, and I held her hands, as she was about to dunk underneath the water, she hesitated. ''What if I'm not liked by the other sirens?'' She mumbled under her breath, I stroked her cheek slowly and smiled, ''How could they not like someone as beautiful and smart as you, I'm lucky to have you, so they will be lucky to have you ruling by my side, if not, then hell will break loose'' She chuckled and nodded.

She brought her head under the water, clearly holding her breath, I pulled her close and brought my lips to one side of her neck, blowing on the spot gently, and same with the other side. I pulled away from her slightly, and I could see the formation already, her eyes widening, filled with pain, I hated seeing this, but there's no turning back. She screamed at the top of her lungs, and grabbed her neck, but I immediately pulled them down, she can't interfere with the process, or it'll burn horribly, her gills popped up and I told her to breathe, so she took a deep breath and started to relax, I let go of her hands and sighed in relief.

''Yea, getting bitten by a vampire is less painful, talk about agonizing'' She rolled her eyes and I laughed, she is adorable. ''Now it's my turn to show you how fast I can go'' I winked and I felt the excitement she had, she wrapped her arms around my shoulders, and I sped off towards the kingdom, my heart racing for when I read what the Fates will have in store for me.