Chapter 42

Narissa's POV

It was sundown, I had to meet up with Persephone at the shoreline in a while. I felt strong, but I needed food to strengthen my magic, or else I will exhaust myself and who knows what will happen. 

I swam further out and tried to spot any signs of humans, I hissed to myself when I didn't see anyone for miles. I turbo swam for minutes, scanning the top of the water when I suddenly bumped into someone, I darted my gaze at the person, it was Shelly. 

''What are you doing here?'' I asked, quite annoyed.

''The war, I'm going to the shoreline, your highness. You should get going too, it's in 2 hours.'' She raised an eyebrow at me. I widened my eyes, I haven't been swimming for minutes, but for hours?

''I need a snack before I even think of battling that hound'' I mumbled but clearly Shelly could hear me, and laughed. ''I just spotted a family on an island in the east, they will be a fine meal, I already ate beforehand'' Shelly bowed and started to swim away.

I darted east, eager to get some food in my system, and a full meal at that. I spotted the island Shelly was talking about, and sure enough I saw a big family, my mouth watered and I quickly dove under and towards the shore, good thing it was the only family out here, else this will be exerting my powers too far especially for the war. I lifted my face halfway out of the water to see how close I am. I was the perfect distance so I started to sing my song. 

The family looked to be in the trance already, I lowered my face into the water as I kept singing. One by one I tore them up while the others looked in horror and tried to escape, but no one escapes my feeding time. 

I raised my head out of the water and breathed out, blood dripping down my neck and I licked my fangs clean. I started out for the shoreline since I only had one hour left, according to the moon rising. As nerve wracking as this is. I can sense this will be a victory for me.