Chapter 45

Hundreds of sirens and werewolves ran into battle and clashed, claws and fangs collided with skin, both fierce and dangerous to one another. Their strength and adrenaline showing itself to the Gods. Though impressive, the final victor will result in the fate of the world. Styx and Ares were slightly anxious but Nike was concentrated on the fight 

Persephone's POV

I collided with Lynn in a frenzy, my vampiric form stronger than ever, I felt the moon's glow on us, but I was more affected since I was a child of the night, I was a bit stronger. Lynn was pulled into this mess when all she wanted to do was be with Narissa. I pushed her off as I was getting a bit caught off guard, earning a hiss from her. I sped and jumped on top of her but she kicked me back with surprising strength, I flew back many feet away from the battle but I quickly regained my composure, I fixed my eyes on Lynn as I sped back.

Narissa's POV 

I bared my fangs at Scar as he was very quick on his paws, my eyes glowed, reflecting my anger and annoyance. I could see Scar smirked at his thought of victory. He quickly jumped on me, snarling and about to clamp his jaws on my neck, but I punched his throat rapidly, knocking him off and some breath out of him. He began to shift fast, and he ran at me, grabbing me by my arm and threw me far out, and my body collided with a tree painfully. I groaned as I got up, I saw Keira and Gina in the background, looking at me worriedly but quickly returned to their own fight.

Scar came up to me and pinned me against the tree by my throat, I growled quietly and shifted my nails to claws as I struggled for breath, my gills also trying to form to try to catch some air at least. I quickly sliced his chest, he tensed and let me drop to the ground. 

I regained my breath as he was cursing under his. He got up and snarled at me viciously, bleeding quite a bit but I know that it would heal up quickly, the only way I can kill him was to rip out his heart or decapitate him since his wounds would close in no time. I need to get near the water, I need more strength if I am to kill him.

Lynn's POV

She's fast, she's strong, we both have fatal claw marks and bruises. I have no chance like this without freshwater and I can't sense any. Our numbers are depleting sickeningly fast, but that is a good thing. I felt a sharp sting on my cheek and I fell over out of breath. I tried regaining myself as fast as I could, I saw my skin was dulling and peeling, 'Shit' was all I could think, I was fading, soon enough I'll form into a puddle on the battlefield if I keep trying to fight a vampire, now that I think about it, she's a princess at that. I saw Persephone hovering over me, looking at my decaying body, nixies really aren't suppose to fight. I won't give up though, if I am to die tonight I will die trying. I started singing a soothing melody, it isn't as alluring as a siren's especially since I'm weakened, but it's something.

I saw Persephone try to resist the melody, she was also strong minded. She was struggling with her mind, so I took that opportunity to back flip and kick her as hard as I can to her stomach. She fell and landed not too far, I cursed under my breath. Persephone got up, she looked distressed and was directing her glance behind me, but why? 

I could sense something was wrong, I looked over my shoulder and saw Narissa struggling to catch her breath, Scar was also not doing too well, resulting in both our strength depleting. I saw something shiny that Scar took out of his pocket and I saw that it was a knife, but it wasn't celestial, it was silver, Narissa had her claws out, I just couldn't let that happen though, I did the most ridiculous thing.

I ran towards them.