Chapter 24

I breathed heavily and gripped my hair as the teacher was trying to talk, I could not focus on such useless crap, I was sweating and my eyes were flashing back and forth to black and blue, I haven't experienced this before, ever since this morning I haven't been feeling hungry, now I'm losing control of myself, I kept feeling a cool breeze spiralling around my body, it was like I was having cold sweats, but sirens don't get ill, how am I going to tell Persephone this? I don't want her to worry about me, I'm not dying, I hope.

I shut my eyes tightly and I could hear echos in my head, I was completely zoned out, I couldn't take it anymore, I'm glad I didn't mark Persephone, or else she would feel the same and know that something isn't right with me. Thinking of marking her made me grow insane by the minute, I wanted her, and I wanted her now, my hormones are raging, thinking of her made my fangs come out, but I quickly forced them back in, thank Reina I was looking down with my hair covering my face, but unfortunately I couldn't hold my features back for long, this was the first time I couldn't hold a half shift back, I bit my lip nervously, my fangs digging into my bottom lip, puncturing it, blood started to drip down my chin and landing on the desk, a boy snapped his head towards me and sniffed the air, he growled quietly and turned his head back to the teacher, Reina wasn't kidding when she said there'd be werewolves. I quickly covered my mouth, looking up automatically in haste, I forced my eyes to shift back to blue when the teacher turned his head towards me in confusion, when he noticed the blood on my desk he widened his eyes

"Atlantis? Are you alright? You're bleeding" he said with a concerned tone

I so wanted to roll my eyes, does it look like I'm okay? And yes obviously I'm bleeding, do you think I didn't know when I'm covering my mouth?

"I'm going to the washroom" I said, my voice is coming out as the voice I lure people in, a few octaves lower. I stood up and ran out the room.

I ran on outside and while I was running, I caught a glimpse of Shelly, she was hunched over and panting, gripping her hair tightly. I ran over to her and held her upright, she had something in her hands, after closer inspection, I saw it was a rat, her eyes were black, her fangs were stained with blood. 

''Shelly, what's going on? Are you okay?''  She shook her head, in an obvious sign something was very wrong, she pointed at the sky, her finger trembling, I cursed under my breath, this was bad, we had to get to the ocean. My vampiric form trying to reach the surface, it was that day, and night, where all hell will break loose.

I walked towards a tree with a missing poster of me, I tilted my head towards the sky and let out my siren features, but they were way more intense, my claws were looking sharper and longer, I could feel my eyes burn, my hair was flying everywhere with much brighter and fiery streaks, my fangs were the same though, and my skin paler like a vampire's I punched the missing poster with all my strength, the clouds were darkening and thunder crackled, I just realized I used all my might on the poor tree, it was now falling, falling on top of a car.

I hissed and sucked in back my features as best I could and ran back into the building, the sky still dark and cloudy. Teachers and students were all scurrying out of their classrooms to see what all the commotion was about, even the principal came out of her office, luckily I was by a water fountain so I didn't look too suspicious, right?

The principal walked outside, I slowly vanquished the storm outside, but still leaving it cloudy and dark. She widened her eyes at the fallen tree

"Who has a black Lamborghini with white stripes with the license plate 2kool4you?" She asked everyone, I heard a loud growl and out came out Cassiel, I had to hold back a smirk, not to mention a laugh, his mate in tow, she was having trouble not tripping over her 6 inch heels, I gagged as I watched her, I bet her blood would taste of plastic surgery.

They hurried out and went to the totalled car, I felt my head start to ache again so I walked further into the school, but I heard the voice of Persephone. "Where are you going Narissa?" She said with concern. I groaned and looked up and down at her, I wanted to mark her so bad, I felt my fangs start to come out, and for some reason I couldn't pull them back in, Persephone looked at me in confusion and she grabbed my hand, a wave of sparks went up my arm and down my back, I have to mark her, I had to be straight up with her, the ocean wanted me to make her truly mine, it wanted an heir even if she was from the land.

I picked her up and ran out the emergency exit and placed her down, I grabbed her shoulders and flashed my eyes blazing blue, they were so bright that Persephone had to squint.

"Take me home, and hurry" I said in my melodic voice, it sounded like two people speaking, with an echo, the voice where I lure my prey.

She nodded and picked me up and sped towards the beach as fast as she could, I was lucky I still had clouds above us, or she'd burn again, in a few moments we were at the beach, I got off of her arms and pulled her hand closer to the water, which was raging, just like my love for her, she looked frightened by the huge waves, thunder was rumbling again, and over in the corner of my eye I saw a glimpse of Reina smiling at me, but she was gone in a millisecond.

"No easy way to say this, but I need to mark you, marking for sirens is a bit different from what I've read on" I said and pulled her waist deep in the swift waters, my legs turning into my tail, she looked slightly relieved that I wasn't going to drown her, which I won't and never would. "I need to bite you of course, when I release you I need to put some water into my hands and let it pour over your mark, then the water will slide down into the ocean, letting the ocean know you're mine eternally, and it's rightful heir, then something amazing will happen after" I said and watched her expression turn to wonder, she then nodded slowly and tilted her neck, I remembered one thing and needs to happen to complete the marking, in the ocean's terms, I dreaded this but it has to be done.

"The ocean wants you to expose your soul, before marking, in its case, nude" I blushed heavily and looked down

Persephone looked shocked and tense, I don't blame her "don't worry, the ocean does have high standards you now know, but no one would dare come here, if they know what's good for them, just think of it as skinny dipping" I swam up to her and pleaded with my eyes, the ocean too was impatient, it roared louder, Persephone shuddered and started to take off her clothes, after a few seconds she was completely undressed, I bit my lip and my fangs tingled slightly at the sight, a wave pushed me forward to hurry up.

I sighed and I put my fangs onto her neck, she tensed more and gripped my back gently, I excreted a numbing liquid to numb the feeling a tad bit, I dug my fangs into her neck and I felt her claws come out and into my back, I left my fangs in her neck for about ten seconds, then I extracted them, the numbing liquid faded and she winced at first then loosened up, I cupped my hands and dunked them into the water, I lifted my hands to her neck and slowly poured onto her mark, healing the marks and replacing them with a tattoo of a blood moon, the water carried her blood from the bite down into the ocean, which the ocean in return roared in acceptance, it quieted down and the clouds were diminishing, she widened her eyes as she saw her reflection in the water. It was beautiful, just like her.