Chapter 23

Narissa POV

I woke up the next day, feeling irritable. I sighed and I swam out, I left the kingdom, ignoring anyone who comes in contact with me, and checked my surroundings for any danger, not like there would be but you never know.

I swam around and sighed, rubbing my forehead with my thumb gently, I had this overwhelming sadness suddenly sweep over me, but I ignored it, like I do with all my problems. I swam towards the darker parts of the ocean, I wasn't that hungry just yet, which was odd since sirens are usually hungry but oh well it'll come eventually. I swam deeper as it got darker, but thanks to my enhanced vision I could still see around me, I then spotted three girls swimming frantically around in the darkness, I noticed the two sirens were Keira and Gina, but the other siren didn't look that familiar.

I swam up to them and they snapped their head towards my direction and their fangs flashed at me, I rolled my eyes, those fangs weren't as big as mine, I guess they will grow bigger when the two become queen, but the one siren's fangs were like all the others. They immediately retracted their fangs and softened up except that one siren who looked like she was going to cower away, probably because of the royal aura that's radiating off me.

"Morning, future queens" I said with a stern voice, crossing my arms as my nails elongated and dug into my already pierced skin.

"Your highness we can explain" Keira stated with sorrow in her eyes, while Gina was holding the other siren behind her, with the same pleading eyes.

"You two should've told me when I saved you Keira, I had to search through my library to find answers when I should've gotten the answers out of you, with your multi coloured tails" I looked at their tails and noticed that the other siren had a normal midnight blue coloured tail.

The two sirens bowed their heads in shame, I retracted my nails back in and my skin healed immediately, I shook my head and looked at the siren behind Gina, I raised my eyebrow and looked at Keira and her sister. They noticed my confusion and Gina blushed a deep red.

"My mate, Sirena, she means the absolute world to me" she said and smiled back at Sirena. I smirked at that and pulled Sirena by her arm gently and whispered "you better be bolder than this, if you are the be queen with Gina, when my time comes, fortunately I have many, many centuries to come" I hissed quietly in her ear, I could smell her fear but she had that stiff composure expressing that she could handle the responsibilities, I let her go and laughed.

"Anyways, I have decided, Keira and Gina, you can come to my kingdom and direct the sirens, while I am gone, you two need to learn how to rule a kingdom, centuries come and go faster than you think, I suggest you two go towards the kingdom now, who knows what will happen'' I said with my aura radiating off my body, the two sirens nodded, bowing and swam off towards the kingdom.

~

I popped my head through the water's surface and scanned the shore for Persephone, I spotted her resting her chin on her hands and her eyes closed, I dove back in and swam towards her, I decided to creep up on her, so I swam down onto the sand and elongated my nails, I dug them into the sand and slowly crawled to the shore, swaying my tail side to side making it more creepy, I slowly crawled my way out of the water, my tail half in the water still, I let out my fangs and flashed my eyes pitch black and hissed loudly, Persephone shrieked and quickly jumped to her feet and let out a pair of her fangs and her eyes turned bloodshot red, while she stood in her fighting stance.

"You look adorable like that babe" I rested the side of my head on my hand and smirked up at her.

She snapped her gaze at me and sighed/hissed and retracted her fangs and reverted her eyes back to their normal colour while mumbling "damn it Narissa" which made me giggle.

I dragged my tail out of the water, waiting for them to split into legs. I got up and hugged my love, she was still tense from the scare but hugged me just as tight, maybe a bit tighter.

"Let's go to school" she whispered and I nodded.

I was feeling funny, a bit vicious, like I can snap at anything, I groaned, it was only morning.